The gorgeous actress was spotted in this perfect cold-weather outfit while promoting her film Z for Zachariah at the Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah. While you can’t have her glam lifestyle (or rumored boyfriend Aleksandr Skarsgard), you can channel her covetable winter look with these affordable finds.
Winter brings its own set of fashion woes: static cling, dry skin, chapped lips and frumpy cold weather boots. I’m here to say that you can knock one of those woes off your list! Snow and rain boots take warning, the game has just been upped. Designers have fought back with boots that are ready to conquer rain, snow, or ominous, overcast skies. Rain boots are now available in sleek rubber. Snow boots sport hidden wedges. The whole crew has soft, cozy linings. No need to compromise your outfit anymore. You can fight inclement weather in style this season with this fleet of sleek and stylish boots. Find our other boot guides here and here…
Chapped lips and hands, dry cuticles and static-y hair, parched skin and itchy eyes. Sound familiar? Winter is tough on skin and on our beauty routines. To combat these traditional winter ailments, I’ve composed a list of my go-to winter products, some all for me and some that my entire family uses. Call it 911 for winter skin, this toolbox of skin cures will get you through the driest of days, the chappest of lips, and the frizziest of hair. From my all-time favorite (Rosebud Salve) to a new discovery (Burt’s Bees Scrub), this list is my prescription for dead-of-winter skincare:
2.Exederm Cleansing Baby Bath(Doesn’t irritate my dry, sensitive skin): Bathtime can be drying for skin, especially for sensitive dry skin. This baby bath is soap free and ultra hypoallergenic.
3.Smith’s Rosebud Salve(I know, I know, I sound like a broken record but this is a must have, I swear by it!): Don’t let the sweet nostalgic scent fool you, this salve is a powerhouse of moisture for cracked skin and chapped lips. A little bit goes a long way!
4. Burt’s Bees Peach & Willowbark Deep Pore Scrub: (One of the amazing tips I learned from my go-to girl for all things beautiful, Shandi Nichelle): Slough away dead, lifeless skin with this peachy scrub. Peach stones are ground-up for a all-natural exfoliant, while willow bark gently removes oil and dirt.
5. La Mer Creme De Le Mer(“This is my miracle moisturizer. I have never found a better moisturizing product.”): I know this is expensive but trust me it is worth it….especially in the cold winter months. Luxurious and even glamorous, this La Mer cream is a miracle in a jar. Slather it all over post-shower or post-bath to lock in moisture.
6. Neutrogena Body Oil(“A new and amazing oil I discovered. My skin gets so dry and this soaks in fast, dries almost instantly and leaves my skin so soft!”): Ultra therapy for dry, dead-feeling skin. If you can’t give up your hot baths at night, make sure you apply this oil after for silky soft skin.
7. Visine Original Eye Drops(“I don’t always get a great night’s sleep and on top of that allergy season is here. I can’t live without my Visine Original Eye Drops. Red eyes ruin every look.”): Clear up red eyes instantly with this original formula. Also great for travel, as planes are infamous for their uber dry air.
8. Enjoy Conditioning Spray(“I adore this spray, I use it after every hair wash. It conditions, protects my color all without weighing my hair down and doesn’t build up”): Lightweight yet packed with moisture. I don’t know how they did it, but this conditioning spray cures my winter hair woes.
Olivia Palermo proved just why she’s considered a style icon braving the cold on a snowy day to do some shopping with family in Gstaad, Switzerland while on holiday. Olivia looked chic in an fur trim parka and a pair of bright neon moon boots. Her husband, Johannes, bought her a ring as a gift at a local Cartier’s store, which put a big smile on her face as she walked with her beau in the cold snow back to their place nearby. Shop Olivia’s stylish winter look and you too will be prepared to brave the cold in style.
Healthy hair is not only a beauty basic – it’s a must in our beauty books. From soft, unadorned ringlets to pretty ponytails, to flowing beachy waves, simple fuss-free styles and natural-looking locks are back, which means your hair needs to be in great shape. The problem: It’s cold out there (thanks a lot Mother Nature), which can lead to dry hair. If you’re starting to get frustrated by how the freezing temperature is affecting your hair, I have some expert tips for maintaining moisture and shine in spite of the elements. Over the years (and after several bad holiday pictures), I’ve picked up a few tricks and products to keep my hair looking glossy and fabulous despite the constantly running heaters heaters and outside’s ice cold temps. As you can see, you don’t need complicated treatments and expensive products to have great hair for the winter. All you need is a little know-how and a handful of the right tools, and you’ll be the belle of the winter season.
Always the same. Never-changes. That’s your fashion uniform. Well, it was…until now.
I’m shedding some light on your 9-to-5 situation, and knocking you out of your office outfit rut courtesy of some edited street-style inspiration. Go by look and see the small (simple yet effective) ways you can incorporate these tips into your own office wardrobe:
Look 1: Throw an elongated vest over your classic white button-front shirt and you’ve officially put your own spin on things. Who needs a blazer anyway?
Look 2: You may already be pulling off black from head-to-toe, but upgrading with some texture courtesy of a couple key accessories can make all the difference. Woven and perforated leather is your friend.
Look 3: Sure, it has a Spring-time slant but again, this is about inspiration not imitation. Here’s the trick: pull that printed dress out of your Spring wardrobe, throw a black blazer over it, and pair it back to some opaque tights. A classic pump or ankle boot completes the look. Simple.
Look 4: Toughen up with a layer of leather. Whether it’s a classic motorcycle jacket over a tailored ankle pant, or a slick pencil skirt back to an oversized knit, leather is still a fall-back, fashion-forward bet.
Enough talk. Time to shop pieces I’ve picked to help you pull off these looks:
There once was a time that nail polish came only in reds and pinks. That time is past. The last few seasons of nail polish have been colorful, free-thinking, and full of exploration, always pushing color to the limits. This winter is no different. Nail polish continues to be a trend-seeking element of a fashionista’s wardrobe. A simple switch of nail polish can add a ton of personality to your outfit, be it a mod slash of navy, a demure dash of champagne, or the siren call of red. My favorite nail polish trend has been spotted all over the runways and the streets…creamy lavender is my must-have fall/winter color this season, with navy blue coming in a very close second.
1. Essie Don’t Sweater It: Hands down my favorite Fall/Winter polish! I have it on my toes right now. You can ease into the lavender trend with a brown-infused base. Don’t Sweater It is my choice for a cozy weekend; it goes perfectly with a chunky knit, skinny jean and nubuck bootie.
2. Essie Demure Vixen: Ahh, true trend. Demure Vixen is a promise of personality: a demure lady with a hint of a foxy attitude. A runway color for sure, I love lavender with a fur-trimmed jacket, a touch of leopard print or cognac-colored leather. Close-cropped nails give this color an extra edge.
3. Essie Midnight Cami: Navy blue rocked the runways and the red carpets this season. Think Kristen Stewart’s navy blue premiere look, and you’ve got the right idea. Give your look attitude and a bit of rocker girl edge by brushing on this color. And again, bold colors look extra mod on short, square nails.
4. OPI Silver Shatter: I’ve seen it all: ombre-colored nails, nail art, and glitter, but my favorite nail embellishment has to be the crackle finish. Paint this OPI on over any color in your closet for a silver shatter finish. Ahhhh-mazing.
5. OPI I’m Not Really a Waitress: 5 alarm fire. Want attention? This is a sure-fire way to get it. Let your hands do the talking with this classic red color infused with tons of light-catching metallic sheen. I think it’s brilliant in a professional setting, hinting at the fun personality under that business suit.
6. OPI I Only Drink Champagne: Ga-ga for glamour. Pastels and neutrals are still huge, even if lavender and navy have the edge. I Only Drink Champagne is a great way to go demure at cocktail hour, providing the ideal way to downplay afterhours make-up like the smoky eye or bright lips.
7. Chanel Pirate: Arrrr, mateys…classic red still shivers my timbers. Want to channel Hollywood glamour? True red is the way to do it. Spotted at the Golden Globes and sure to be seen at the Oscars, a classic red nail with a smooth, ultra shiny topcoat is a guarantee for glamour.
Two of my favorite fall/winter moments? Pulling a cozy hat over my curls on a chilly morning and slipping my favorite pair of boots over my dark denim skinnies. When both of these moments happen in one day, it’s pure heaven. That’s why I’m sharing my 2014 Boots and Hat Guide with you today. Look for classic boots dressed up with multiple straps and made extra edgy with exposed hardware. In the hat department, it’s all about texture and unexpected flair. A chic new boot and a fantastic hat have the power to put a fresh spin on your tried-and-true staples. Just add your coziest sweater and go-to skinnies for an outfit that’s quintessentially winter.
The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, published, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except as expressly permitted in writing by Celebrity Style Guide
Celebrity Style Guide® is a registered trademark owned by Celebrity Style Guide