Red is for Revenge
It’s been said that the best revenge is living well…I’d like to add that looking fabulous is also a great form of revenge. Emily Thorne is all about revenge, and she carries out her mission in fabulous style. She haunts the Hamptons with her plot to prove her father’s innocence. Often she chooses the color red, so I’m spotlighting that iconic color in seven killer pieces. From a one shoulder dress that mimics Emily’s own party dress to a blazer that takes on any work-related business, red is for revenge. Leather is another sure-fire way to carry out vengeance, whether it be in sexy red leather pants, a seductive trench, or a simple red banded watch. Finally, you can add a revenge-ful kick to any outfit with red accessories, like a killer pair of heels or a slim studded clutch.
1. Hybrid Dress One Shoulder Pencil: Channeling Emily’s stunning party style, this red cocktail dress features a one shoulder cut, delicate pleating, and a figure-flaunting silhouette. Pair back to gold accessories, a slim clutch, and a sleek pulled back hairstyle to style this dress like Emily did.
2. Badgley Mischka Goodie: Elegance and vengeance? Perhaps they do go together. These classic peep toe pumps are composed of sleek satin and accented with light-catching jeweled brooches. Flaunt your feet with these Badgley Mischka pumps; they are the perfect ending to an LBD or a feminine touch to a cropped black pant.
3. alice + olivia Leather Skinny Pants: Colored denim has ruled the fashion world the last two seasons, so alice + olivia is shaking up the trend by doing a colored skinny in red leather. Pair these attention-grabbing pants with a printed blouse for day and a sexy top for night. A great way to freshen up your favorite black pieces.
4. Catherine Malandrino Leather Trench Coat: Turning a classic on its head, this leather trench coat is a wardrobe staple done up in luxe leather. Definitely a day to night wonder, this coat looks glam all buttoned up for day or cinched over a dress by night. Detailed with button epaulets, logo buttons, welt pockets, and a self belt waist.
5. Twelfth Street by Cynthia Vincent Portimao Shawl Collar Blazer: Business is pleasure in this blazer. Done up in fire engine red, this structured jacket pairs well with slim black pants and a blouse for day. Try it over leather pants by night. Finished with military-inspired gold buttons, a shawl collar and a double button closure.
6. Rebecca Minkoff Wallet on a Chain: Studly. A slim red envelope wallet is made over with gold studding and a gold chain strap. Although it’s just big enough for your essentials, this statement piece makes an impact. Carry in hand or over the shoulder.
7. Marc by Marc Jacobs Red Leather Watch: Perfect timing. To time your plot to perfection, this Marc Jacobs watch has a rose gold face that is accented by a red leather strap. Wear this oversized timepiece workweek to weekend as a colorful accent to an ensemble.