Essential Wardrobe: Working Women
The working woman, the woman on the go, the woman with an agenda. Powerful women need powerful clothes…enter Olivia Palermo. Her flawless style is the inspiration for my working wardrobe, a mix of updated classics and edgy details. Think soft cashmere mixed with black leather, a luxurious fur collar on a moto-jacket, a cable knit hat made mod with two-tone opera gloves. The key is balance: the balance of leather and knit, cool black and warm white, a classic satchel and a studded belt. Mix these working women essentials into your wardrobe for celebrity style in the workplace:
1. J. Crew Merino Turtleneck Sweater: Cool gray merino shaped into the perfect turtleneck. The thin, wear-with-all construction makes this cozy winter knit easy to layer. Try it with an moto jacket for a mix of knit and leather.
2. Muubaa Shearling Jacket: Leather can be workplace appropriate. Layer this mod leather jacket over your studious pencil skirt and a turtleneck. The structured silhouette and fur collar is a fun departure from your 9-to-5 blazer.
3. Diane von Furstenberg Two Tone Gloves: Cruella de Vil? More like Cruella di Vine! These two-tone opera gloves take colorblocking to a whole new level with their white fronts and black backs. Add a touch of leather to any coat in your closet!
4. Eugenia Kim Beanie: Warm thoughts go out to this cozy beanie. Done up in earth tones, the chunky cable knit is the perfect way to complement brown or black leather. Your commute just got a whole lot cuter.
5. Karen Walker Super Duper Strength Sunglasses: Throwback tortoiseshell frames in a round shape add vintage appeal and a mod attitude to your workwear. Pair with anything from winter on into summer.
6. Temperley London Leather Skirt: It’s all about leather detailing this season. A flirty round skirt gets in on the action with smooth leather and matte suede. Pair back to a studious knit for a study in texture.
7. Rebecca Minkoff MAB Mini Satchel: Two-toned equals twice the style. Carry the black and white trend with you everywhere by picking up this mini satchel. Carry it by its double handles Monday to Friday, then sling over your shoulder with its strap for weekend.
8. Jimmy Choo Brixton Double buckle belt: Reporting for duty. This hip belt has a military flair with its double brass buckles and gathered leather detailing. Pair over a knit or gather in a dress for a hard core finish to a regularly feminine piece.
9. Rag & Bone Knee High Newbury Boots: Just like Olivia. Olivia walks the walk in her knee high black boots. Get the same look by pairing these Rag & Bone boots over skinnies, a long black coat and a black on white bag. Finished with a sturdy stacked heel, ’cause you mean business.