Lucy Hale knows how to navigate weekend style. Perhaps you know this fashionista better by her other name, Aria Montgomery of Pretty Little Liars. This pretty little stylista hit LAX airport in a look that I’m pulling for this weekend and on into spring. Her choices sport some of my favorite pieces of Fall 2013 as well as some of my favorite returning classics. Lucy mixed her rich blue skinny jean with a very feminine white blouse, nabbing this season’s skinny pant + sheer blouse trend. She then added an embellished, menswear-inspired flat and fun floppy fedora, two more must-have trend items. Hale wrapped up her weekend look with the classics: Ray-Bans and a plush quilted black bag. Steal this weekend look for your very own with these pieces…Happy Friday!
1. Rachel Roy Greer Studded Oxfords: Borrowed from the boys. Not only are these flats comfortable enough for running your weekend errands, they are absolutely adorable. The playful black on creme pattern breaks up the seriousness of the traditional oxford cut. Pair with your favorite skinnies or cropped chinos.
2. Lovely Bird Lazy Fedora: I adore menswear-inspired pieces! When paired with feminine prints or sheer tops, a Western-inspired fedora is perfect for weekend adventures (and bad-hair days). Add this warm brown fedora to loose, wavy tresses for Lucy Hale’s carefree style.
3. Citizens Of Humanity Avedon Skinny Jean: Serious skinnies. These rich blue jeans will take you anywhere you want to go this weekend. A slight cigarette ankle gives more polish that your usual skinnies, making them a candidate for day-to-night wear. Switch from heels to flats when transitioning to evening!
4. Joie Pinot Top: Feminine, airy, floaty, easy-breezy. I love this season’s collection of sheer tops. They are incredibly easy to wear when paired with skinnies and flats, but you can also tuck them into pencil skirts or layer them over a leather legging for office and evening. Pick a basic white number or try your favorite vibrant hue.
5. Marc Jacobs Single Baroque Bag: Another work to weekend number, the quilted leather bag is my go-to purse. When I can’t decide which bag to carry, I always opt for quilted leather, basic black and a chain strap. This bag is a great travel and weekend piece because it has the power to complement any outfit.
6. Ray-Ban Wayfarer Sunglasses: I simply don’t know how to navigate without my Ray Bans. This unisex style was made cool with the Kennedys. Lately, every celebritiy from Jessica Alba to Jude Law has carried on the classic cool of this iconic pair of shades.