She’s cool, comfortable, and altogether wearable…not to mention gorgeous and trend-setting. Jessica Alba has the IT factor. Whether she’s running errands or working the red carpet, she’s always sporting the latest trends with her own signature twist. She helped start the Tolani scarf craze and she hasn’t stopped since. I have to say, her out and about looks are my favorites. This Get the Look piece is a fabulous end-of-summer outfit, with accessories that will wear well into fall. I’m digging the black panama hat, a transitional piece that bridges our floppy beach hats and our felt fedoras. I’m also in love with her oxblood-colored saddlebag, a bold red leather that is sure to add richness to all your autumn outfits.
1. Citizens of Humanity Skyler Crop Jeans: Another wear now, wear later piece. These low rise, relaxed fit jeans look lovely and laidback with a rolled cuff and a slim, body-hugging top. It’s all about balance with a boyfriend jean. If you’re wearing a relaxed bottom, trim up your look with a top that’s fitted or especially feminine.
2. House of Harlow 1960 Sunburst Pendant Necklace: Nicole Richie‘s House of Harlow jewelry line has staying power, while being incredibly now. This sunburst pendant appeared in her collection a couple years ago, but has no sign of letting up. That mix of black leather and classic gold is a winner, for sure.
3. Lauren Merkin Handbags Stevie Saddle Bag: I heart! Oxblood leather is a very now coloration. Although I think a new name for this deep red color is in order, I’m not going to shun it’s rich, gorgeous hue. My favorite way to wear oxblood red is in a bag, and this saddle bag is the perfect mix of traditional color and trendy saddlebag style.
4. Sam Edelman Ginger: Now deeply on sale, sandals are a great thing to stock up on now. If you’re thinking of snapping up a new pair of sandals for next year, make sure they’ve got some classic elements: this gladiator style has been in style for years, so you’re sure to love it come next summer.
5. Splendid Blended Tank: Sometimes, it’s all about the staples. When shopping, make sure you take the time to invest in pieces that will build the structure of your wardrobe. For me, those staple pieces are great denim, a perfect-fitting bra, and my favorite layering tanks in white, gray, and black. A black tank and boyfriend jeans is a no-fail outfit for weekend (as Jessica Alba so beautifully proves).
6. Melissa Odabash Eva Panama Hat: I’m a big fan: of Jessica Alba and the way she knows how to pick a great hat. The weekend is the ideal time to take a break from the styling iron and sport a fabulous topper. A panama hat is summer-worthy since it’s made of straw, but wears well into fall breezes with its dark, black color.