Take a walk on the wild side, and I do mean that quite literally. I’m sending out a trend alert for anything python, leopard, and animal-printed, whether that be a mixed print dress (move over, LBD!) or a discreet iPhone case (because the pleasure is in the details). Or find a middle ground with a leopard-printed sweater that styles from work to weekend, a transitional python clutch, or a throw-on-and-go printed scarf. My hands-down favorite? A pair of tone-on-tone, python-printed leather pants. Meeeeeowwww. Take a cue from the red carpet mavens, and pull out your wild card, ladies!
1. Torn by Ronny Kobo Feline Maya Dress: Purrring with style, this fit-and-flare dress takes a walk on the wild side with its non-specific animal print. Black on white is forever chic, so don’t hesitate to bring this piece to the concrete jungle.
2. Joie Torrance Leopard Print Top: Layer under a black blazer or wear sans jacket for an warm fall day. A printed top like this one can be worn year round with its neutral coloration and classic spots. Tuck into a high-waisted short now, wear loose over skinnies later.
3. Equipment Liam Python Tee: Silky snake. This silk tee slides effortlessly over anything, whether that be dressed down for weekend or making a statement a work. Whatever you do, don’t layer this silk tee. The python-printed sleeves must be showcased.
4. Equipment Roland Underground Leopard Sweater: It can’t get here soon enough…I’m talking about the chilly days of autumn and this preorder sweater from Equipment. I’m daydreaming about pairing this with a zippered black skinny for weekend, and a crisp pencil skirt for an office meeting.
5. Diane von Furstenberg Renna Printed Dress: The combination of two prints in this dress (leopard and bark) is SPOT on, so much so in fact, that I’m trading in my LBD for this little number. Sophistication and trend unite with just a simple pair of black heels and some gold jewelry.
6. Tory Burch Catalina Envelope Clutch: Python-print in soft brown hues works just like a neutral, so don’t be afraid to pair it with other prints or bold colors. I love clutches that include a shoulder strap like this one because it makes the transition from day to night in a snap.
7. Faith Connexion Python Print Leather Pants: If you dare…and I do. My black leather pants are my go-to piece when I need to feel fierce. And when you wear them for day, tame them with a cozy oversized sweater (I’d choose something warm in cream or winter white). More of my fall favorites here.
8. Yigal Azrouel Python Print Scarf: A watercolor print? A floral? No and no…but this snakey, I mean, sneaky print can have you doing a double take. The deep indigo is the perfect way to set off fall’s neutrals, like cocoa brown or cognac leather.
9. Juicy Couture Leopard Stud Earrings: If leopard print just isn’t your thing, these leopard stud earrings give the trend a nod without investing in any of the pattern. I love the tiny emerald green eyes…a color that I’m loving in everything from jewelry to home decor.
10. Juicy Couture Leopard iPhone 5 Case: Set your iPhone to “PURRRRR” with this Juicy Couture Leopard iPhone case. Swapping out my iPhone case for the new season is as much fun as choosing my autumn nail color…a minor detail with major impact.