Make a splash in and out of the water in the season’s most daring swimwear. From directional cuts to shocking hues, it’s time to dive in! It is everyone’s idea of 4th of July to be sitting out in the sunshine with friends, fireworks, flags flying and cool drink in hand. Another way that most of us choose to spend our 4th of July includes swimming. So with the beaches, pools, lakes, and local waterholes busy with people, I want you to be looking your best. This selection of swimwear steals from this season’s runways with bold hues, colorblocking, chevron stripes and the return to retro cuts, be it a seventies glam or Hollywood bombshell. Whether you’re poolside or beachside, make a statement with stunning swimwear!
1. Marc by Marc Jacobs Merida Striped Triangle Bikini: Bold purple, blue and red come together in eye-catching chevrons and stripes. Gold piping adds the final layer of glam in this classic triangle bikini from Marc Jacobs. Perfect peeking out of a tank or tunic and cutoffs, this ageless style is a go-to.
2. 3.1 Phillip Lim Red Ribbon Tie Bikini Set: The colorblock effect. Colorblocks are everywhere from cocktail dresses to workwear blouses, so why not bring them to the beach? This bikini set gets its colorblocked effect from brilliant red paired with contrasting black details like straps and side ties. Sleek and streamlined, this bikini pairs well with an oversized hat and shades for a sophisticated poolside look.
3. Juicy Couture Grapefruit Miss Divine Bandeau Bikini: Look the part of beachside bombshell with this update on the classic bandeau. Ruching in the bandeau front and the back of the bikini bottom paired with gold hardware embellishments give this grapefruit-colored bikini a juicy twist.
4. Diane von Furstenberg Coral Red Chike Swimsuit: DVF’s iconic wrap dress was the obvious inspiration for her Chike Swimsuit. A v-neck is achieved with a wrap front, while a skinny waist tie adds to the wrap dress illusion. Deep v-back for understated sex appeal.
5. La Perla Natural Suede Optic Bikini: The epic Raquel Welch in One Million Years BC comes to mind with this stunning bikini. A natural suede color, lace-up details and whipstitching contribute to the primal vibe of this suit. Pair with wedges and wood bangles to add to its wild, natural beauty.
6. Melissa Odabash Gunmetal Mirella Triangle Bikini: Channeling your inner Bond girl was never so easy. This futuristic suit gets its game on with metallic gunmetal fabric and plenty of silver hardware to get the job done. Classic triangle shape with side tie bikini bottoms.