Summer Check List
Crisp shirt dress? Check! Pastel top? Check! Khaki shorts? Double check. If you’ve yet to make your summer style list, we’ve got you covered. American classics are where it’s at. Khaki shorts, laid-back denim, and a crisp white shirt dress will see you through any summer day, as long as you have leather goods like a sturdy belt and western bootie to anchor these basics. Accessorize the classics with tortoise shell frames, an armful of wrap bracelets and natural tote. Check these items off your list, and you’ve got summer style well in hand!
1. Theyskens’ Theory Dilo Fushi Dress: Sleeveless button-ups and crisp collared shirt dresses have made a big come back this summer. Fresh and oh-so-easy to wear, keeping cool means looking the part in an easy breezy shirt dress. Layer up for breezy days or wear all alone for sweltering afternoons.
2. Rag & Bone Classic Newbury Booties: Kick off your heels and throw on those boots. These Newbury booties bring out your inner cowgirl with their raised seaming, stacked heels, and almond toes. A back zipper adds a little urban edge to these otherwise country girl booties. Pair back to denim cutoffs and sweet floral dresses for girl next door charm.
3. Marc by Marc Jacobs Round Sunglasses: Summer is the perfect time to go glam. Embrace the sunshine with these classic round tortoiseshell frames. Just add scarf, red convertible, and the Pacific Coast Highway.
4. Vince Denim Luce Shorts: Go on safari with a laid-back chambray shirt, an armful of bangles, and these khaki shorts. Also chic with a blazer and tank, these basic khakis make for a million style possibilities with their neutral color, 5-pocket styling, and comfy distressed finish.
5. Rag & Bone Merton Belt: Bring on the blues. This neutral belt has a surprising finish: classic leather ends meet in front while the back is composed of criss-crossing denim blue straps. Wear morning to night, weekend to work.
6. Theory Medea Top: Amidst the leather, denim, and khaki of your foundation pieces, it’s important to make room for some color. A blushing pink top is the right feminine finish to a pair of distressed boyfriend jeans or khaki short. Theory’s Medea Top mixes up the t-shirt trend with a hi-lo hem and side slits.
7. J Brand Aidan Slouchy Boy Jeans: Let’s hear it for the boys! Steal his laidback style for your own with a pair of slouchy boyfriend jeans. Wear low key with your favorite tank or amp up your look with heeled sandals and a tailored blazer.
8. Rebecca Minkoff Corn Husk Boyfriend Tote: As you may have already guessed, this beautiful Rebecca Minkoff Boyfriend Tote is made of corn husks. Tactile textures are summer style mainstays, so take a new approach to your accessories collection with the Rebecca Minkoff Corn Husk Boyfriend Tote. Carry this spacious tote with a richer and thicker texture to give your city-to-seaside wardrobe fashion-forward flair.