Steal Her Style: Olivia Palermo
I swooned over this Olivia Palermo outfit the first time I laid eyes on it and have been dreaming about it ever since….its warm autumn colors…its chic tailoring…its utter wearability from office to weekend. As I plotted about how I could make it my own, I dug up some steal-her-style pieces. The centerpiece of Palermo’s outfit is definitely her Burberry Prorsum Leather Detail Herringbone Field Jacket. This classic piece is made edgy with leather detailing, crisp lines, and feminine pocket pleating. I looked for that warm tweed, plaid or herringbone patterning and leather details when I was hunting for my own field jacket. Layer this jacket over an espresso-colored pant and pointy-toed pump and you’ve got an office look to die for. Classic jewelry like a gold link bracelet and luminescent pearl studs add to the iconic status of this outfit. Finish it all with warm leather accents like a snakeskin embossed clutch and a waist-defining skinny belt. We thank you, Olivia, for creating an outfit we’d jump out of bed for (even on Monday morning!).
1. BB Dakota Ash Jacket: Olivia Palermo’s jacket is part military, part riding jacket. This BB Dakota leans to the more casual side of her look. Already cinched with a leather belt, this jacket is also detailed in leather and rich autumn colors, just like Palermo’s. Style with or without the belt, depending on how casual or buttoned up the occasion.
2. Lafayette 148 New York Danica Autumnal Weave Jacket: Leather lapels and leather pocket details accent the rich brown weave of this blazer. This perfectly polished piece looks fabulous over trousers like Olivia, but can also be mixed up with a skinny for an edgy weekend look or styled with a pencil skirt for the office.
3. Theory Ashleen Tailored Pants: Your morning pick-me-up, these coffee-colored pants have exquisite tailoring that elongate your legs and give you a sleek silhouette. A flat front and slant pockets lead into a chic straight leg. Pointy-toed pumps look fabulous peeking out from under these!
4. House of Harlow 1960 Lara Clutch: Spot on style. This House of Harlow clutch is so much like Olivia’s that I’m doing a double take. Made of warm cognac-colored leather, its oversized rectangular shape is embossed with a snakeskin print…just like Palermo’s. Pair back to any look, from business casual to casual weekend dinners.
5. Gap Skinny Braided Belt: Taking a cue from Palermo’s two-tone belt, this skinny braided belt gets its dual coloring from brown-edged yellow leather. Tie it up over a tweed jacket or loop it through a trouser. A fresh belt like this one anchors and adds polish to any outfit.
6. Michael Kors Open Deco Link Bracelet: A bit ‘o bling. Michael Kors uses art deco form to create his gold and rose gold links. Let this bracelet peek out from a tailored jacket sleeve or allow it take center stage on a bare arm.
7. Juliet & Company Oversized Pearl Studs: Polished classics. These pearl studs get their modern flavor from an oversized shape, but the nature of this stud is forever classic. Pair back to studious office looks or romantic weekend outfits.