I caught a rerun of Sex and the City last weekend, and it made me nostalgic for the girls: Samantha, Charlotte, Miranda, and especially Carrie. Sex and the City wrapped up its series with Carrie in Paris, going out with absolutely stunning style. I picked some of my favorite Carrie in Paris moments, and maybe they will inspire your own weekend look…or perhaps your own afternoon curled up with reruns of SATC. Mixing prints is hot this season, so reference Carrie’s mix of horizontal and vertical stripes. And if you’re shopping for cold weather wear, take inspiration from Bradshaw’s playful outerwear. A versatile black coat is all the more jaunty with a swing shape, glittering brooch, and colorful red umbrella. I say oui, oui! to color and sparkle to spin Parisian classics on edge (graphic black and white, stripes, dots). So follow me down memory lane…everyone could use a little Carrie in their wardrobes, no?
1. Loeffler Randall Natalie Pointy Cap Toe Pump: Inspired by Carrie’s flouncy red dotted dress, these fabulous flats speak French. A pointy toe is precisely on trend, as is the black leather cap toe. Style these vibrant flats with cropped pants and a cardigan for Parisian prep.
2. Milly Chiara Skirt with Neon Trim: Taking a cue from Carrie’s bold striped skirt, this Milly pencil follows suit with graphic cream and black colorblocks. Add a horizontally striped boatneck to capture Bradshaw’s eclectic mix of prints. I adore the pop of neon pink trim for an edgy twist.
3. Rag & Bone /JEAN Sara Top: This black and creme stripe is a Parisian classic. A studious choice with a pencil skirt or spin it with another print for something more fashion forward. A boatneck and slim silhouette guarantee that this piece will be a go-to for seasons to come.
4. 3.1 Phillip Lim Ava d’Orsay Pumps: Tres magnifique! Sharp pointy toes meet the graceful curves of cutouts for a gorgeous study in contrasts. Pair with similar neutrals or let them anchor autumn’s jewel tones.
5. Mackage Ginette Coat: Fit and flare. A black coat is a must-have…necessary for work and as a cocktail dress coverup. This flared coat is playful with its full skirt and leather trims. Add a bright red umbrella for a walk over Parisian cobblestones.
6. Marc by Marc Jacobs MBMJ Logo Umbrella: Shielding the sun and the elements, an umbrella is a way to stay dry and an opportunity to add flare to your look. This bright red umbrella is detailed with Marc Jacobs logo printing. It pops perfectly against fall’s basic black coats.
7. Jil Sander Navy Nude and Dark Grey Lamb Leather Gloves: Feminine and practical, a leather glove is sleek and chic. A great gift for a girlfriend (or your own fab four), these neutral gloves are trimmed with delicate dove gray piping.
8. ASOS Spiked Jewel Brooch: Already have a basic black coat? Remake it for the new season with a sparkly gold brooch. Adding vintage appeal to any jacket, it also adds Carrie-worthy sparkle. Pin it on near the jacket neckline a la Bradshaw.