Hot Pick: Cobalt Blue
Every season without fail one color seems to dominate the runways, and most recently the Emmy Awards, and is officially named the shade of the moment. How do designers collectively know which shade to dye their textiles in? I think its a combination of Pantone swatches and ESP but either way, designers focused on not one but two signature shades this season: red had its moment in the sun on the Fall/Winter 2012 runways at Marchesa and Michael Kors while cobalt blue, this week’s hot pick, made a name for itself on Diane von Furstenberg, 3.1 Phillip Lim and Thakoon’s catwalks. And even though we’re only at the end of September the stores are already overflowing with the shade. Whether you go head to toe cobalt as seen at DVF or with just a hint of the shade in your accessories make sure you add a hint of fall’s other favorite color, red, on your lips!
1. MICHAEL Michael Kors Knot-effect stretch dress: Work New York label MICHAEL Michael Kors’ effortless glamor in this figure-skimming cowl-neck dress. This lightweight stretch style features a knot-effect front and will look great with skinny heels and a leopard-print clutch.
2. MICHELE Large Tahitian Jelly Bean Watch: This season’s accessories have a chic borrowed-from-the-boys look. Ready to turn up the glam factor? Michele’s striking “Tahitian” watch and ceramic bracelet offer a sporty way to express your style.
3. KORS Michael Kors Elgin Pointed Toe Pumps: Kors Michael Kors’ classic pointed pumps are given a striking makeover in cobalt-blue calf-hair. Make them the showpiece of an all-black outfit or go new-season bright with an eye-popping chartreuse tank.
4. Tory Burch ‘Thea’ Leather Crossbody Bag: Compact shoulder bags are having a major fashion moment. Tory Burch’s blue leather style is accented with glossy gold chain and a designer embossed plaque. The lined interior is just the right size for your smartphone, lipstick and wallet.
5. ASOS Metal Keeper Super Skinny Waist Belt: ASOS’s cobalt blue leather belt is the easiest way to add color to a monochrome wardrobe.
6. Camilla And Marc Silentium Wool Coat: Worn draped over the model’s shoulders on the runway, this wool coat is an eye-catching coverup. The vivid cobalt-blue hue will brighten up the dullest fall days.
Take your cues from the runway styling and wear yours against an all-black outfit.
7. Pour La Victoire Adelle Satchel: Pour La Victoire’s Adelle Satchel the perfect size for every day – the offers ample space for your smartphone, wallet and diary. Carry it by the neat top handle or use the strap to slip it on your shoulder.
8. Sergio Rossi Suede Pumps: Take a colorful approach to this season’s single-sole pumps revival in the cobalt Sergio Rossi Suede Pumps. The mid-heel makes them comfortable enough for all-day wear.
9. Rag & Bone Pennywhistle Scarf: Cozy, cold-weather accessory of a soft wool-blend and finished with fringe trim. Wrap it around your neck twice with your favorite sweater.