Fall Boots & Hat Guide
Two of my favorite fall moments? Pulling a cozy hat over my curls on a chilly morning and slipping my favorite pair of Frye riding boots over my dark denim skinnies. When both of these moments happen in one day, it’s pure heaven. That’s why I’m sharing my Fall 2013 Boots and Hat Guide with you today. Look for classic boots dressed up with multiple straps and made extra edgy with exposed hardware. In the hat department, it’s all about texture and unexpected flair. A chic new boot and a fantastic hat have the power to put a fresh spin on your tried-and-true staples. Just add your coziest sweater and go-to skinnies for an outfit that’s quintessentially fall.
1. MIA MACKENZIEE Boots: This riding boot has enough versatility to power through this season and the next. I adore the gold metal plate detail at the heel, because it adds an unexpected shot of shine to any outfit.
2. MIA CAMMI Boots: Another go-to, this riding boot has a moto vibe with its chunky exposed zipper and extra tab closure. Available in black and brown, you might be tempted to get one in each color!
3. Eugenia Kim Genie Ferris Bucket Hat: Blame it on the Mad Men craze, but we’ve had a crush on tweed ever since. I’m ga-ga for this tweed bucket hat, which adds nubby texture to your outerwear ensembles.
4. Kate Spade New York To the Brim Studded Cloche: Studs aren’t just for booties and bags, we’ve seen them popping up on all sorts of accessories from gloves to hats. I love that edgy vibe that extra hardware brings to any piece.
5. Rag & Bone Floppy Brim Fedora: The floppy brim fedora is back for another season, and I couldn’t be happier. I always thought it was difficult to look sexy in a hat, but peeking out from a red and black leather fedora, it’s hard not to.
6. Emilio Pucci Navy Wool Hat: I’m having a moment with navy right now. This classic color has always been summer for me, but of late, I’m loving it as a departure from black.
8. Gianvito Rossi Suede Over the Knee Boot: Speaking of J Lo, this over-the-knee boot is also something that sparks a sexy Lopez vibe. Pair them with close cut denim, a neutral knit and the newsboy hat above to complete a to-die-for celebrity look.
9. Alexander Wang Sigrid Cutout-Heel Leather Boots: Minimalistic and yet managing over-the-top style. The graceful curves of these leather boots are crowned with a mesmerizing cutout heel for guaranteed double takes.
10. Rag & Bone Kinsey Boot: Wrap those straps. Extra ankle straps give extra oomph this season, especially on booties or ankle-high boots. Pair them with leather leggings to add to the moto vibe.
11. Eugenia Kim Felix Hat: Purrring with style, this cozy chunky knit just got cozier with adorable cat ear details. Come on, play a little this fall!