Interior Photo Credit: Jay Davis
A couple weeks ago, as I was lost in blog world, I stumbled across a site called A Well Dressed Home. As an editor seeking well-dressed celebrities and fashionistas, the title caught my eye. As I perused, I was convinced the gorgeous rooms were designed for celebrity homes. But when I dug into the site, I was pleasantly surprised to find out that interior designer Emily Hewett designs her spaces on a practical budget for regular folks.
Her room transformations are unbelievable. Utilizing striking patterns, a sophisticated color palette, and eye-catching accent pieces, Emily’s rooms are all at once peaceful, playful and polished. She designs for every budget, while making sure that her clients are heard, that their tastes are appreciated. Her goal is to create a room that is not only beautiful, but represents her clients’ unique and individual personalities. And if you don’t happen to live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, Emily’s design team can create an online pin boards for you. Emily’s talent is accessible to everyone…in any state…any country!
If you want your home to look like a celebrity’s, Emily is your girl. That’s why I’m enlisting her to help me transform a few rooms in my own home. I’m ecstatic to have this amazing woman’s design expertise. Stay tuned for pictures of my own room transformations, a la Emily, in the next few weeks. I can’t wait to share my before and afters with you! In the meantime, here are a few of Emily’s picks, sure to perk up any room in your house for Spring:
1. Phoenix Wool Dhurrie Rug from West Elm
: This has to be one of my all time favorite rugs! From the stylish Southwestern-inspired print to the flushed color palette of reds and pinks…this rug is a show stopper! I feel like it belongs in a room full of whites and neutrals allowing it to deservingly shine in all its glory!
2. Serena & Lily Sheets: Who doesn’t love a set of fresh white, crisp sheets? Serena & Lily kicks theirs up a notch by adorning theirs with intricate embroideries in the lovliest of colors. They are the perfect combination of simplicity and style. I’d have to say my favorites are the Canyon Sheet in Cloud/Aqua and the Gobi Sheet in Berry!
3. Cadiz Placemats Turquoise from Serena & Lily: With warmer temps approaching, I’m dreaming of dining al fresco! These Cadiz placemats by Serena & Lily are the perfect accessory for your outdoor table. The turquoise piping around the first-rate placard shape is simply genius! Pair them with these stylish Cadiz napkins and a few of these Montauk outdoor pillows and you’re all set for a chic outdoor affair!
4. Horchow Turquoise Drape Chandelier
: I’m a sucker for turquoise…and since first laying eyes on this show-stopping chandelier I simply cannot get it out of my head! Handcrafted in turquoise and accented with jade finished glass beads, this chandelier is certainly on my list of must-haves! It is the perfect statement piece that is guaranteed to turn heads.
5. Glamour Bench by High Fashion Home:
This acrylic bench, from High Fashion Home, is not only stylish and chic, it’s affordable! I’m slightly obsessed with the combination of the translucent acrylic legs and the tufted grey seat. It would be heavenly in a bathroom with floor-to-ceiling Carrara Marble and a sparkling crystal chandelier.