What to Wear to Work in the Summer
Balancing work and play can be difficult when the days get long and steamy. We’d much rather be at the beach or lounging by the pool, but office hours remain a must, even on the most beautiful of summer days. If your cubicle needs some cheering up, get inspired with fresh work styles. A pop of color or print is the perfect way to bring summer to the workplace. Matched up with a summery cropped pant, tangy pink or a multi-colored print is ultra fun. Pair with a neutral blouse and blazer to keep things chic for behind the desk, just like Jessica Alba did with her printed Tory Burch pants. Look for extra pleating or a slouchy cut for more trend in a cropped pant. Other options for workwear are printed blazers (mix with a neutral bottom), fun printed camisoles under blazers, and the uber-relaxed chambray or camp shirt with a crisp pencil skirt or trouser.
1. Tucker Shirred Camisole: Playful prints. Butterflies grace this swingy cami, but you can pick your favorite summertime emblem to grace your printed cami. We like polka dots, florals or anchors…just pair your signature summer print with a blazer and crops to bring a little fun to your board meeting. Made of sultry silk.
2. James Perse Ribbed Panel 3/4 Sleeve Shirt: It’s all about the chambray or camp shirt this season. While you probably wish to pair with a sparkly mini skirt or an All-American denim cut-off, bring this summer must-have to work when you pair it with classic staples like a pencil skirt or a navy trouser. Crinkled texture for a relaxed vibe.
3. J.Crew Café Textured Tweed Capri Pants: Transitional tweed. We don’t normally picture tweed for summer, but these cropped cuties are the perfect pair for going from season to season. Wear these minty green J Crew pants now with a sleeveless blouse, and then match up with a cute cardigan and pumps for September into fall.
4. Rebecca Minkoff Becky Printed Jacket: Strike a balance. A studious jacket with serious style, this Minkoff creation works overtime when you need it to. A tribal-inspired print brings the trend, while a tailored cut keeps it appropriate. Pair with a skirt or capri by day, and use it to top off an LBD by night!
5. Tory Burch Tribley Pants: Just like Jessica. For chic streetwear or office going, the printed cropped pant is our pick for summer workwear. Pair with a neutral jacket, whether it be a leather jacket like Jessica Alba wears or a studious navy blazer. Pair with pumps for office then transition to a strappy sandal for afterhours. Tory Burch’s Tribley Pant features a sateen finish, a floral print, and classic slant pockets.
6. Alice + Olivia Arthur Cropped Silk-blend Crepe Pants: When you don’t have time to stop and smell the roses, these pop of pink pants allow you to embrace the flowers without stopping. Go all neutral with complementary blush or nude separates, wear afterhours with sparkle or let them standout with black accents. Composed of a silk blend for comfort and breezy summer style.
Sail Away: Nautical Treasures Jul 19, 2021
Dress Like Her: Bachlorette Emily Maynard Jul 19, 2021
Trending Transitions: The Shirtdress Jul 19, 2021