March is in full swing, and I’m celebrating two of its best holidays this weekend: St. Patrick’s Day and Spring Break! Although I promise to wear a little green on the 17th, I’m focusing on Spring Break style this weekend. My take on the trends is beach bum glam: think hardworking denim set against a fanciful fringe bikini, a beach-combing fedora with sky high, jewel-encrusted wedges, or a slouchy white button down that lets a statement bib necklace shine. Layer vintage finds and old favorites with polish and pizzazz to get playful, yet glamorous Spring Break style.
Shop This Post:
1. Eric Javits Fedora: Spring Break isn’t about fuss…it’s about fun. Throw this fedora over your rumpled locks and head to the beach with little-to-no time in front of the hotel room mirror!
2. White Free People Double Cloth Boyfriend Tunic: Not crisp, crinkled. This gauzy white button-down is the perfect throw-on-and-go. The white always looks fresh, while the gauzy material can be thrown into the bottom of your beach bag and still come out looking fabulous.
3. Gemma Redux Gold-plated resin necklace: Contrast an easy-going button-up with statement jewelry. Turquoise is a gem meant for the sun, and it looks amazing against a spring break tan.
4. Alexander McQueen Oversized Studded Sunglasses: You’ll live in them, so invest in a great pair of sunglasses. Embellished shades are all the rage, so these studded sunglasses flash trend with whatever you’re wearing.
5. Lancôme Vernis in Love Gloss Shine Nail Polish: Polished nails add just that…polish. Coral is another perennial summer color, as it pops a summer tan the same way that turquoise does. A great mani-pedi is a must for spring break!
6. Chan Luu Glass Bead Cuff: A vibrant, statement piece is found in a glass bead bracelet. Delicate seed beads are handwoven for an authentic feel, giving any look a beach-combing, local vibe.
7. Clarins Self Tanning Milk: Start on your tan before hitting the beach. The sun is both our friend and our enemy; get its rich tanning power with this milk and then protect from its harmful UV rays with its SPF 6 formula.
8. L-Space Fringe Bikini: Mixed prints…we’ve seen them all over the runways and the streets, and now they are hitting the beach. I love the glam appeal of citron-colored fringe against a pop print.
9. Ivy Kirzhner Nefertiti Wedges: By the pool or out for sunset cocktails, these stunning wedges marry classic braided jute with a smooth leather sole and centerpiece jewel. Pair them with your bikini for poolside pizzazz or a maxi dress for cocktails by the water.
10. Sasha Charnin Morrison Secrets of a Stylist: I don’t leave home without it: great reading material. Sasha Charnin Morrison’s Secrets of a Stylist is on the top of my beach-going reads list.
11. Vince Denim Mason Relaxed Rolled Shorts: I’ve been seeing a lot of “midi” length cutoffs…not quite bermudas and certainly not your Daisy Dukes, these Longer Denim Cutoffs capture the easy-breezy styling of spring break more than any other piece. Throw on a pair with your bikini, a gauzy shirt, and statement wedges for a signature spring break look.