At this time of year, the shopping, planning and options seem to be endless. We may start with good intentions, but quickly get overwhelmed with the length of our to-to list. At times like these, I believe it’s important (for sanity’s sake) to streamline your style. I have gathered a list of five essentials for the season. Number one is a little black dress, wearable from work to office party. Number two is a statement coat, it’s often your first impression (and when running errands your only impression) so pick one with details you love. Number three is the slouchy sweater, the perfect match for skinny jeans. Number four is the boyfriend jean, as versatile as ever. And number five is a smart blazer, the easiest route to a pulled together look
1. Sleek NYC socialite meets elegant NYC ballerina. This Halston Heritage form-fitting LBD ends in a tulip skirt. Holiday dressing is a snap: just add metallic accessories and a killer heel.
2. Invest in a statement. During the winter months, our coat is the first and sometimes only impression that we make. Choose a coat that says something about yourself, with fine tailoring and standout style. This alpaca plaid jacket says pulled together, classic, and a little preppy.
3. The classic cable knit gets made over in luxurious herringbone. Dropped shoulder seams, a loose knit and a slouchy form guarantee that this piece is a gift that any girlfriend would love to find under her tree.
4. The dark, rich rinse of these Citizens of Humanity jeans is begging for a black and creme striped top and a ballet flat. An easy throw-on-and-go, slouchy denim was created for Saturday and Sunday. Weekend wear never looked so cute!
5. A 9 to ? piece. This The Kooples blazer works from morning to midnight with its mix of classic black blazer and trendy white color blocks. Wear with a black trouser for a tidy office look, and then pair it with leather leggings for evening.
Shop The Post: