Without a doubt, the airport is one of the best places to spot authentic star style. Celebrities bring new meaning to the phrase “traveling in style.” I know firsthand how difficult a comfortable, yet stylish travel look can be. When time is a factor, it’s common to jump from the tarmac to a meeting with little or no time in between. In such cases, I rely on several go-to pieces to get me through. My go to travel outfit relies on a mostly black ensemble, a chic and forgiving color. Skinny jeans and stylish booties provide sharp lines, while a stunning leather jacket or chic handbag keeps the look from being plain Jane. A few well-chosen accessories can add color and trend.
Here are more mile high style tips from Fashionista Lauren Conrad:
- Keep your look simple. I like to wear mostly black when I travel. Sometimes I throw in one complimentary color, such as burgundy or beige.
- Wear socks! Is there anything worse than forgetting to pack socks and then having to tiptoe through the security line with bare feet? I think not…
- Forget anything strappy or full of buckles. Like I said before, simplicity is key. By avoiding anything superfluous like strappy sandals and triple-buckle boots, you can cut down on the time you spend preparing for security and up your in-flight comfort factor too!
- Minimize your jewelry. Instead of piling your wrists with watches and bracelets, keep your accessories to a minimum. Nine times out of ten you will be asked to remove everything before going through airport security.
- Layer up. Wear your most comfortable pair of jeans or leggings – preferably in a dark color. Top off your look with a simple tee and a cozy sweater or relaxed blazer. Finally, twist on a scarf (or pack one in your carry-on). We all know that planes get chilly! I usually like to keep my jacket and scarf packed in my carry-on to cut down on the time I spend getting ready to go through security. If I already have these layers off, then I don’t need to worry about taking them on and off during the security screening. Once I’m through security, I usually pile these items on to prepare for the artic temps to come on the plane…
Shop My Picks For The Best Travel Style: