It’s time to brush up on your preppy classics! Preppy isn’t just a style- it can become a serious art. The clothes, the style, the attitude, the people…it can become more and more challenging every day. Prep style is, at its core, made up of clean lines, high-quality textiles, close fits, and modest cuts. If an article of clothing looks particularly flashy, complicated or revealing, it probably shouldn’t be called preppy. Want to know how to perfect your preppy style? Chill out, and check out my preppy picks below:
1. Jil Sander booties: Jil Sander’s ankle boots are a classic style you’ll turn to season after season. Show them off with a mini skirt and bare legs, switching to opaques as the weather cools.
2. Étoile Isabel Marant Tyme Check Mini: The mini skirt is an Étoile Isabel Marant signature, and I love this plaid cotton and wool-blend version for the new season. Team yours with ankle boots to work the label’s insouciant French vibe
3. Mulberry Primrose bag: A timeless day bag, the Primrose is a versatile piece that can be carried by the sturdy top handle or the shoulder strap. It features typical Mulberry detailing like the tree-embossed key fob and engraving on the twist-lock fasten.
4. 3.1 phillip lim Exposed Zipper Long Pullover: 3.1 Phillip Lim updates fall’s essential cable-knit sweater with a longer length and black faux leather trims. Contrast the soft fabric with slick skinny pants, unfastening the zip for an edgier look.
5. Band of Outsiders Cabrini Suiting Blazer: Band of Outsiders puts its signature preppy spin on Fall’s military mood – this neatly tailored navy woven cotton jacket is dotted with utilitarian details, boxy blazer is styled with a deep, inverted pleat that adds easy movement to the back, and the single-button placket is framed with notched lapels.
6. Marc Jacobs Chicago Leather Ankle Boots: The staple black ankle boot gets a tough new spin with Marc Jacobs’ zipped-front black “Chicago” style. The low heel makes them a must for busy girls on the go. Whether for day or night, they’ll go equally as well with tailored trousers as figure-hugging cocktail dresses.
7. Anya Hindmarch Bathurst Bow Soft Satchel: Reminiscent of a cherished vintage handbag but remixed with mix and match shoulder straps, Anya Hindmarch’s immaculate two-tone leather satchel is destined to be your signature favorite this season and for those to come.
8. See By Chloe Wedge Sneakers: Comfortable, casual, cool – embrace fashion’s wedge sneaker obsession with See by Chloé’s merlot and black leather pair. They have a subtle platform, rubber sole and padded ankle for added comfort. Wear yours with skinny denim, day or night.
9. Joseph RD NK Sweater: Joseph’s latest collection is filled with high-contrast, monochrome pieces – we love this mid-weight wool sweater. Artfully knitted for a wave-like effect, it has a flattering slim fit. Keep the optical pattern in focus with simple black pants and red pumps.
10. Balenciaga Papier Chelsea Ankle Boots: Immaculately executed with an enviably chic finish, Balenciaga reinvent the black ankle boot. As sleek as they are chic, this leather pair is laden with understated luxury as the buckled straps set a grown-up tone, propelling this tough silhouette into flawless territory.