Get the Look: Jaime King
Just glancing through Jaime King’s latest looks and it’s not hard to see why fashionistas are drawn to the beautiful Hart of Dixie star. This girl exudes modern glamour!
The model/actress has a great affection for designers like Jason Wu, Christian Louboutin and Proenza Schouler. It’s not just wearing such labels that make Jaime fashion star — it’s her style that’s totally irresistible and yet relatable. She always delivers a timelessly elegant, playful combination of modern and ladylike. She refers to her style as ‘eclectic meets classic.’ I particularly love this sporty and sassy look Jamie shared on her Twitter.
Here, Jaime rocks the must have wedge sneaker. A trend worth picking up, the wedge sneaker is a great way to dress up an afternoon look. The shoes do indeed make the outfit, adding a fresh spin to this jeans and top combo.
To get this outfit, mix up a wedge sneaker with dark skinnies and a layered lace top. Sweep your hair up in a high bun and choose a structured ivory bag to add a little glam. Finish with simple nude makeup and neutral brown eyeshadow to keep things in line with the sporty vibe of Jaime’s sneakers.
1. Ash Cool Blue Multi Suede Velcro Sneaker: Street chic. Go sporty with baby blue and navy suede. A velcro closure and high top makes Ash’s kicks too cool for school. Finished with a wedge heel, these shoes can transform any outfit into a street chic look.
2. Jason Wu Daphne Satchel: Mix it up! Who would have thought that sneakers and a satchel would work so well together? This structured bag gives this whole look an extra shot of glam and makes the high wedge heel of the sneakers look all the more intentional. A structured satchel works back to so many looks this season!
3. MiH Jeans Boston Mid-rise Straight Leg Jean: The deep blue wash of the MiH jeans works back to the navy blue of the Ash sneaker, tying the shoe into the whole outfit. A wardrobe staple for sure, a pair of dark denim straight leg jeans is a must-have for any girl. Work them day to night and season to season.
4. Alexa Chung for Madewell Patrice Top: Lace is another unexpected pairing for a pair of sneakers, but we adore it with Jaime’s look. Layered over a matching tank, it adds girly-girl charm to a pair of jeans, but can work as a sexy nighttime top when paired with a mini or leather legging.
5. Maybelline Color Tattoo Creme Eyeshadow in Bad to the Bronze: Jaime works a simple nude face, but brings out her eyes with this deep bronze-brown eyeshadow. Maybelline’s Color Tattoo line has 24 hour coverage, which works well for an outfit that can work day to night like this one!