March is in full swing, and I’m celebrating two of its best holidays this weekend: St. Patrick’s Day and Spring Break! Although I promise to wear a little green on the 17th, I’m focusing on Spring Break style this weekend. My take on the trends is beach bum glam: think hardworking denim set against a fanciful fringe bikini, a beach-combing fedora with sky high, jewel-encrusted wedges, or a slouchy white button down that lets a statement bib necklace shine. Layer vintage finds and old favorites with polish and pizzazz to get playful, yet glamorous Spring Break style.
1. Eric Javits Fedora: Spring Break isn’t about fuss…it’s about fun. Throw this fedora over your rumpled locks and head to the beach with little-to-no time in front of the hotel room mirror!
2. White Free People Solid Gauze Button Down: Not crisp, crinkled. This gauzy white button-down is the perfect throw-on-and-go. The white always looks fresh, while the gauzy material can be thrown into the bottom of your beach bag and still come out looking fabulous.
3. Gemma Redux Turquoise Refined Bib Necklace: Contrast an easy-going button-up with statement jewelry. Turquoise is a gem meant for the sun, and it looks amazing against a spring break tan.
4. Alexander McQueen Oversized Studded Sunglasses: You’ll live in them, so invest in a great pair of sunglasses. Embellished shades are all the rage, so these studded sunglasses flash trend with whatever you’re wearing.
5. Lanc√īme Vernis in Love Gloss Shine Nail Polish: Polished nails add just that…polish. Coral is another perennial summer color, as it pops a summer tan the same way that turquoise does. A great mani-pedi is a must for spring break!
6. Chan Luu¬† Glass Bead Cuff: A vibrant, statement piece is found in a glass bead bracelet. Delicate seed beads are handwoven for an authentic feel, giving any look a beach-combing, local vibe.
7. Clarins Self Tanning Milk: Start on your tan before hitting the beach. The sun is both our friend and our enemy; get its rich tanning power with this milk and then protect from its harmful UV rays with its SPF 6 formula.
8. L-Space Fringe Bikini: Mixed prints…we’ve seen them all over the runways and the streets, and now they are hitting the beach. I love the glam appeal of citron-colored fringe against a pop print.
9. Ivy Kirzhner Nefertiti Wedges: By the pool or out for sunset cocktails, these stunning wedges marry classic braided jute with a smooth leather sole and centerpiece jewel. Pair them with your bikini for poolside pizzazz or a maxi dress for cocktails by the water.
10. Sasha Charnin Morrison Secrets of a Stylist: I don’t leave home without it: great reading material. Sasha Charnin Morrison’s Secrets of a Stylist is on the top of my beach-going reads list.
11. Free People Vintage Longer Denim Cutoffs: I’ve been seeing a lot of “midi” length cutoffs…not quite bermudas and certainly not your Daisy Dukes, these Longer Denim Cutoffs capture the easy-breezy styling of spring break more than any other piece. Throw on a pair with your bikini, a gauzy shirt, and statement wedges for a signature spring break look.