Under The Influence: Mary-Kate & Ashley Olsen
Be under the influence…of stunning style. Fashionistas, designers and all-around trend-setters, Mary-Kate & Ashley Olsen use their power of influence to start their own trends and weigh in on the current ones. The pajama trend? They are all in. Accessories? They choose flat totes and silver snake-inspired bracelets. And when the duo is at home, they like to curl up with a great photography book, a cup of hot tea, and the light of a luxurious scented candle. These influencers have me longing for simple luxuries and sleek styles. Here are the Olsen’s picks, courtesy of Barneys New York:
1. Taschen Linda McCartney Life in Photographs: An icon herself, Linda McCartney certainly photographed her own list of icons from her husband Paul to Michael Jackson. A lifetime of moments is captured on film, from the everyday to the exceptional. Page through this exquisite volume and join the Olsen twins as Linda’s fans.
2. Sidney Garber Silver & Ruby IL Serpente Bracelet: Three coils of exquisitely etched silver compose this stunning silver bracelet. Ruby eyes hypnotize onlookers while its silver body adds a statement all its own. Even if you can’t have the real thing, the Olsens use their influence to set fire to the snake trend.
3. The Row Flat Tote Messenger: Their favorite? Of course! Mary-Kate and Ashley pick this piece from their very own brand, because no one does this style better. Ultra sleek, this flat tote is created from fine leather and detailed with a gold-tone hinged closure and detachable shoulder strap. Bring these clean lines to work or the weekend.
4. Cire Trudon Pondichery Candle: A simple pleasure, yes, but a luxurious one. This Cire Trudon candle sweetens any summer evening with its blend of ginger, lemon zest, patchouli and musk. A pure pleasure in allergen free, pesticide free vegetable-based wax.
5. Olatz Piped Pajama Top: The pajama trend has taken the streets by storm. From relaxed pj pants and a chic blazer to a piped top and jeans, break up the set and steal the trend for yourself. This deep green top is composed of sultry silk and trimmed with white piping.
6. Freds at Barneys New York Paris Tea: At the end of the day take a moment to kick off your heels and sip a cup of hot tea. This black tea boasts a fruity flavor with hints of vanilla, Bergamot and caramel. A well-earned moment of relaxation for the on-the-go fashionista!