The Hit List
Today’s Hit List is a list of iconic classics, a surefire style guide for summer 2013 and beyond. Buy any one of these pieces and invest in fashion’s most enduring styles. Starting with the dress that made her famous, a Diane von Furstenberg wrap dress is one that every woman should own. Forever chic and always flattering, this dress can be worn work to weekend, for years to come. The silk blouse and the jean short are also forever, but the sleeveless cut and distressed wash add trend to these two picks. Statement jewelry and shoes make your mark on the world; investment pieces that can be worn all season long are a great buy. And finally, your most important accessory of all, a luxurious black bag. Pick something structured and polished for a go-to piece that works for all four seasons.
1. Diane von Furstenberg Valencia Long Sleeve Dress: Iconic dress, now print. DVF shot to the top of the fashion world with her iconic wrap dress. I believe every woman should own one in her lifetime. This mixed print dress is incredibly now with its three-print pattern in mint, coral and black. See more fun dresses here…
2. Equipment Sleeveless Signature Blouse: Blushing beauty. An airy, sleeveless silk blouse is your ticket to easy-breezy summer style. Paired with fresh white denim and wedges or strappy flats and distressed cutoffs, this casual top works for summer frolics. Hollywood starlets from Selena Gomez to Gwyneth Paltrow have been spotted in sleeveless blouses.
3. Pamela Love Arrowhead Ring: I preach the glories of statement jewelry, and this is my summer pick. Natural beauty paired with standout glamour is big, so pick up something in texturized silver or sparkling agate.
4. Marc by Marc Jacobs Globetrotter Calamity Rei Bag: There’s a reason it’s called the globetrotter…a bag like this can go anywhere. If you don’t own a basic black bag, now is the time to buy. The structured shape, polished hardware and wear-with-all black leather guarantee that this bag will be in your wardrobe forever.
5. Sam Edelman Gatsby Gladiator Sandal: Mixing colors, textures, metallics, and prints…it’s not just for your apparel, it’s for your feet. A pair of flat sandals like this bring the mixed media rage to every beach and street you visit this summer (more summer obsessions here).
6. Rag & Bone/Jean Boyfriend Shorts: I couldn’t make it through summer without my distressed jean shorts. This American classic goes to the beach with your bikini or styles well with sleeveless silk tops for vacation wear (more summer vacay trends here).