Steal Her Style: Rachel Bilson
Rachel Bilson has the IT factor. Whether she’s on screen in Hart of Dixie or off screen running errands, her style is consistently enviable. I’ve always admired her ability to mix the elements of style in an effortless blend of trend and class, youth and sophistication (see more of Bilson’s style here and here). Her signature staples are rolled or cropped skinnies, any form of booties, and a clean fresh face…elements that she uses in this Steal Her Style outfit. Adding a short boucle jacket over her casual booties and distressed skinnies is genius: a blend of hi and low style that makes a tailored piece relaxed and fun for the street. Layer on a vintage-inspired aviator and a trim, structure shoulder bag for an extra shot of Bilson’s style. This look is definitely one I rocked for Fall…swapping in a riding boot for the bootie and adding a colorful scarf this winter.
1. Maison Scotch Boucle Short Jacket: Start here. Bilson’s short, gray jacket is the star of this outfit. Find a jacket with flawless tailoring in a cool gray boucle, like this one from Maison Scotch. An off-center asymmetrical zipper and black trims add the modern sass this otherwise fussy fabric needs. Pair over a distressed skinny jean like Rachel did, or mix it in with leather, leggings or playful colored denim.
2. ONE by Matisse Footwear Oscar Ankle Booties: A mix of western and riding boot styles, the Oscar Ankle Bootie blends authentic details like front seaming and a stacked heel with a slightly distressed natural finish. Pair with any jean for a outdoorsy feel, ideal for any fall errand.
3. Marc Jacobs Oversized Metal Aviator Sunglasses: If you don’t already have a pair, invest in a designer. The aviator frame is a forever style that you’ll be coming back to year after year. Invoking the casual cool of Hollywood in every generation, these too-cool-for-school frames pair excellently with any outfit in your closet. Oversized frame with logo lettering and gradient lenses.
4. Paige Denim Skyline Ankle Skinny Jeans: Staple style. The distressed skinny is perfection, especially for the transitional seasons of spring and fall. The medium blue color pairs with everything, while the distressed details are a great way to mix up classic pieces (like a boucle jacket). Wear with anything, but I especially love a distressed jean mixed up with a chunky knit or studious button-up this season. Cuff the ankles over neutral booties for Rachel Bilson flair.
5. Fossil Austin Small Flap Crossbody: At first glance, this bag is studious, invoking school girl style with its small shape and warm colored leather. At the next turn, it’s more vintage boho with its brassy hardware and cross body strap. And sometimes, it feels all-together preppy with its delicate stitching and structured silhouette. Whatever your style, this bag works into your wardrobe effortlessly!