Valentino, Vuitton, Versace, Victoria’s…she’s walked all the runways, but this supermodel can also take on the sidewalk. Karolina Kurkova, the Czech supermodel, works her street style with all the perfection of a runway show. Beginning with an mod coated skinny in black, she layers on other black and white pieces for clean, modern palette. The freshest piece of her whole ensemble is a varsity jacket, a trend piece I’ve been waiting for all the celebrities to pull on. Layered over a simple white blouse and classic patent leather flats, this jacket works to pull all of Kurkova’s black and white pieces together. Finish this look with an oversized pair of tortoiseshell shades to break up the ensemble with warmth and a touch of elegance.
1. Citizens of Humanity Rocket High Rise Wax Coated Skinny Jeans: How do you wear coated denim? These jeans are edgy, modern, yet somehow confusing. My trick is to treat them like leather for day, balancing edge with soft classics (although they can work just like leather leggings for night, too, with your favorite going-out top). Kurkova balanced the edgy nature of her coated skinnies with simple black flats and a filmy white blouse.
2. The Limited Raglan-Sleeve Varsity Jacket: Sporty style. Just like my boyfriend’s varsity jacket, this style takes me back with its two tone sleeves and zip front. Unlike your boyfriend’s jacket, this piece from The Limited has a perfect fit and clean lines. Done in statement-making black and white, this tailored jacket works for office or play and every occasion in between.
3. 3.1 PHILLIP LIM Henley Shirt: Soft, yet modern. This white button up has the edge over a classic button up with its henley collar and asymmetrical front panel…making it the ideal companion to edgy coated denim or leather leggings. Composed of creamy white silk for a gorgeous drape and soft hand.
4. Melissa + Jason Wu Ultragirl Flats: Pretty meets playful in these Melissa + Jason Wu flats. The look of patent leather is achieved with a much more modern PVC. Ultra shine is complemented by a sweet grosgrain bow and an enamel owl medallion at the tiny peep toe. Pair back to all your favorites, whether it be a flirty pleated skirt or a rough n’ tumble pair of distressed denim.
5. Oliver Peoples Eyewear Nanny B Polarized Sunglasses: Finish with glamor. Oliver Peoples Nanny B sunglasses capture the old school glamor of the Hollywood starlets. Classic tortoiseshell is shaped into oversized square frames. These throw-on-and-go’s are fall-worthy with their warm, classic coloration.
(For more black and white pieces, check out this post…)