Reel Style: 666 Park Avenue
666 Park Avenue is the address of The Drake, the address to have in Manhattan’s Upper East Side. Wealth, power, status…these residents have it all…or do they? Jane Van Veen (Rachael Taylor) and Henry Martin (Dave Annable), a somewhat innocent but ambitious couple from the Midwest, take on the job of managing 666 Park Avenue. Along the way, the building reveals a mysterious power through its collection of intriguing tenants. The Drake’s owners, Olivia Doran (Vanessa Williams) and Gavin Doran (Terry O’Quinn), hold secrets behind their carefully groomed exteriors. A thrilling and mysterious drama, this show also has me coming back week after week for its style. Today, I’m spotlighting Jane’s look: glamorous New York pieces mixed with the steadfast classics of Midwest style.
1. Trails Skater Dress by Anthropologie: Sweet ‘n Sassy. This skater dress has the conservative neckline of a Midwestern girl, but the leg-baring length of a New York socialite. A small black on tan print adds to the charm of this piece. Pair with a bold belt and your fave flats.
2. Equipment Star Blouse: Jane favors simple button-up blouses, but pop prints and sheer silk make this choice anything but boring. Tiny white stars decorate a deep navy blackground on this fresh top. A studious collar and double pockets add definition to its filmy fabric. Pair back to a delicate necklace for Jane’s preppy-meets-Park Avenue style.
3. EQUIPMENT Brett Vintage Cherries Tapioca Shirt: Following the same rules as the Equipment Star Blouse, the Brett Blouse departs from the mold with its pop cherry print. Pair with skinnies and flats or button it up to the chin and layer under a camel-colored cardigan like Jane. A soft silk composition gives this top a feminine feel.
4. Charm and Chain Vintage Collection Necklace: Vintage charm. Perhaps a treasure from her grandmother’s jewelry box, this charm necklace has the sweet appeal of Jane’s entire look. Add an heirloom-inspired piece to your wardrobe for throwback prep. Gold-filled locket…for storing secrets of your own.
5. Sand Stretch Cardigan: Wardrobe building block. As the temperatures dip, I get to do one of my favorites things: layer! Jane layered her printed blouse under a soft, camel-colored cardigan like this one from Sand. A little stretch and a classic shape ensure that this cardigan layers beautifully every time.
6. Sophie Theallet Cashmere Colorblock Sweater: You can’t go wrong with cashmere. By adding colorful colorblocks to a classic crewneck sweater, this piece becomes a lovely mix of trend and elegance. Mix it up with denim for the weekend, and then layer it over a pencil skirt for the workweek.