Packing List: Weekend
Happy Friday from Celebrity Style Guide! I hope you are getting away for the weekend, whether it be a road trip to wine country, a party in the Hamptons, or just around the block for a BBQ with friends. Near or far, I’ve picked our essential weekend pieces. Your packing mainstays should be a pretty printed dress (dress down with flats or up with heels), a comfy cutoff (preppy with a open weave knit), and a sleeveless blouse (see yesterday’s post for more of our favorite sleeveless tops!). Add in a haute bikini under any of these pieces for waterside affairs. Layer in more trend with a woven tote, lace-up sandal, statement necklace and a pair of classic sunglasses.
1. Antik Batik Tica Print Dress: Wear Saturday afternoon with a pair of flat sandals and Saturday night with a wedge, a print dress is a must-have on our packing list for its versatility and ease of wear. This Antik Batik has a tunic-like feel with its easy fit, drawstring waist, deep v-neckline, and sheer sleeves. Also makes a gorgeous poolside cover-up!
2. Feel the Piece Boxy Boat Neck Sweater: Relaxed, yet with a preppy twist, an airy open knit sweater works for style and warmth when seaside. I love it layered up with your favorite button-up or tank over a classic cutoff. Wear back to navy or stripes, bright white denim and espadrilles for traditional nautical flair.
3. Enza Costa Sleeveless Blouse: A favorite trend for summer, the sleeveless blouse can work buttoned-up or a little undone. Tuck it into a chino short and back to pumps for Sunday brunch or a little tousled with cutoffs and bikini for an afternoon in the surf and sand. (See this week’s post on sleeveless blouses for more of this trend!).
4. J Brand Cutoffs Shorts: J Brand does the American classic justice. A perfect five-pocket style with frayed cuffs, their cutoff captures girl-next-door simplicity. We love the fresh white wash of these, which works back to a neutral knit or a bright colorblocked top.
5. Chloe Snake Print Bikini: Stand out in the crowd with a snakeskin print. Bikinis are not for the bashful, so go all out whether it be with a bold print or an eye-catching color. A sexy layer underneath a sheer sleeveless blouse like the Enza Costa above.
6. Karen Walker Helter Skelter Sunglasses: Whether you’re all dressed up for sunset cocktails or grabbing a Saturday morning coffee by the beach, these Karen Walker sunglasses are so classic that they go with any look. Our favorite pair for keeping packing accessories to a minimum! Their tortoiseshell frames work back to any color scheme.
7. Made Her Think Tooth n Skull Necklace: Tribal style meets summer style with this statement necklace. Tiny pyrite skulls are interspersed among long resin teeth. Dress up a simple tank with this piece or wear back to your favorite maxi dress.
8. Ancient Greek Sandals Circe T Strap Flat Sandals: The designer name says it all. A style so classic it’s been stylish for ages, these Greek sandals bring the glory of the Mediterranean kingdom to any place your bound. Wrap them over ankles to showcase a pair of lovely tanned legs.
9. Mar Y Sol Baja Oversized Tote: For the sea and for the sun, this designer brings style to the great outdoors with their take on a woven tote. Handmade with great attention to detail, it’s styled with an intricate pattern and fun colored pom poms. Extra large to tote all your weekend essentials!