Midsummer Night’s Dream
“Are you sure that we are awake? It seems to me that yet we sleep, we dream.” I’m not sure Shakespeare was referring to fashion when he wrote these words, but I sure am! Midsummer is fast approaching, and with it the dreamiest fashions under the summer sun (or the sparkling stars). Midsummer fashion, much like yesterday’s post, is about freedom and warmth with a bohemian flare. So this morning I’m daydreaming about romantic shapes and floaty layers that catch the breeze for warm summer nights spent under the stars…or days spent lounging in the sun.
1. Free People Snake Goddess Maxi Dress: Fit for a goddess…or at the very least, a Shakespeare heroine. Channel the beauty of both in a free-flowing maxi. As opposed to last summer’s solid maxis, this summer opens up with a host of pretty prints and sheer skirts. The only problem is choosing from the host of gorgeous choices.
2. Free People Serra Do Mar Tunic: Go boho. There’s something forever about this Free People tunic. The black on white print, the classic peasant sleeve, the split collar. Whether you were a free thinker in the 70s or the 2010s, this tunic is a piece to pair from day to night (over your bikini or with a colorful wedge sandal).
3. Free People ONE Florestra Peasant Top: Just like the Serra Do Mar Tunic above, this piece will be a summer staple for years to come. Find a breezy boho tunic like this one to pair with cutoffs, a rich leather sandal, a fringed bag, and loads of your favorite jewelry.
4. Free People Wild is the Wind Tunic: Wild as the wind, as romantic as the breeze. This tunic is my pick for summertime standout. Cutouts are a revolution in this piece. I can envision it over your bikini on the beaches all summer long. Or you can satisfy your need for romantic cutouts with eyelet, as seen on Rosie Huntington-Whiteley here.
5. Flower Chainmail and Coin Collar: Channeling both medieval chainmail and modern boho, this unique necklace is everything I love about statement pieces. This one goes with virtually everything, and adds depth to any neckline.
6. Free People Meadows Of Medallion Slip: A lot like Olivia Palermo’s white sundress, this one speaks to the same kind of summer bliss. It also confirms for me that a white summer sundress is an absolute essential this year…the styling options are endless, the timeless beauty is the same.
7. Cleobella Memphis Fringe Bag: We can’t speak about bohemian styling or summer freedom without including a fringe piece, optimal for picking up those summer breezes and swinging happily by your side. Choose fringe in a shoulder bag or a sandal to get your dose.
8. Crochet Canvas Brimmed Hat: The sun is beautiful, yes, but strong. Flatter those beach waves (or hide bed head), protect from the sun (or complement a tan), and speak to summertime bliss (who can argue with that?) in a free-thinking crochet hat.