City or Beach?
City or beach? I hope you get both this spring break season, but if you have to decide, I’ve composed a separate list for both locations. Don’t blur the lines when it comes to these two locales. City pieces should be streamlined and sophisticated, so opt for slim crops, structured bags, and classic lines. To have fun, add splashes of print, stripes, and colorblocks. When heading to the beach, let out the lines with flared dresses, round sunglasses and relaxed tees. Play with trend and don’t be too fussy. Vacation-time is the perfect time to break a few rules, and, of course, be comfortable.
1. Fendi ‘2Jours’ Tote Bag: Colorblock, but with a spin. I love the marriage of two of spring’s best trends in this Fendi bag: colorblocks and asymmetrical lines. Carry both wherever you go with this investment piece (guaranteed high yield).
2. Alexander Wang Cut Out Silk Top: Two thin lines of cutouts make this white top pop. Demure and sassy, sophisticated and sexy, a top like this pairs well for many occasions, but especially those where you want to turn heads.
3. Haider Ackermann Striped Cropped Trouser: Stripes on end. Be a mod machine in these rad vertical stripes. Pair with a basic button up or solid top to let these trousers take center stage.
4. Sacai Contrast Scarf Print Top: All about the print. Printed pieces have flooded the fashion scene. If you’re print shy, a classic navy, white and red print is a great way to transition into the frenzy.
5. Pierre Hardy Color Block Wedge Sandal: Color blocks are still the name of the game. Get your springtime dose with these color blocked wedgies. I love them with a crisply tailed crop for citywear or a free-thinking maxi for beachwear.
6. Courreges A-line Mini Skirt: Mod to the max, this color-filled mini turns any sidewalk into a runway. Pair with demure blush, basic black, or fresh navy blue.
1. Katerina Psoma Large Shell Necklace: If your accessory has something to do with a shell, chances are it’s beach appropriate. Other beach gems include anything wooden, turquoise or coral.
2. Hache Flared Sleeveless Dress: White hot. A beach cover-up doesn’t necessarily have to go by that name on the rack. Plenty of sleeveless sundresses do double duty as after-hours gown and afternoon beach dress.
3. Salar ‘Juni’ Lattice Tote: The Salar Juni Woven Shoulder Bag is the right shoulder bag that is ideal for anyone to carry. You can be assured that once you have this bag, you only have exciting days ahead of you. It is something that will make you appreciate again the simple and little things. Especially, if you are the one who is drawn to very colorful bags. It is truly worth its price
4. 7 For All Mankind Roll Up Shorts: My favorite go-to beach outfit is denim shorts with a tank. Playful, age-less, and classic, this combo is always a win-win. Try out this year’s rolled shorts for trendy beach-bumming.
5. Karen Walker Eyewear ‘Orbit’ Sunglasses: Trend alert! Round sunglasses are IT. Mary Kate and Ashely Olsen don’t leave home without their round sunglasses and neither should you. Trade your Ray Bans in for trend.