A Shorts Story
Girl in the city. Girl meets guy. Girl celebrates with friends. Girl on vacation. Whatever your short story, a pair of shorts will get you from beginning to end as the fashionable heroine. Ditch denim blue and opt for optic orange, a pretty print, a cute crochet, classic cream or tangy teal. Bold colors, feminine textures like lace or crochet, and any print under the sun is the way to begin your summertime story.
1. Topshop MOTO Embellished Gem Hotpants: Very vintage. The hot pant is back and better than ever. A high waist paired with a slim silhouette makes for a curve-hugging fit. Done up in jewel print, these pants look fabulous paired with a silk blouse or a tank and blazer.
2. Old Navy Women’s Denim Cut-off Shorts in Serpenteal: Go bold or go home. Denim is anything but a wallflower this year. Whether you pick a deep teal like these affordable shorts from Old Navy or a hot pink, make sure you opt for color. These cut-offs with frayed edges go well with your bikini and a printed tank for a day on the beach or boardwalk.
3. Parker Silk Ruffle Short: Olivia Palermo hits the city streets of New York in these amazing Parker shorts. Navy and orange zig zags, two ultra hot colors in one trendy print, come together in delicate double front ruffles making these shorts a sure-fire standout. Layer on a navy blazer or wear just like Palermo with a creamy ruffled blouse and orange flats.
4. Rag & Bone Pascal Short: The Pascal short brings to mind two things: a classic cream tuxedo and vintage sailor pants. Either way two very iconic ideas are made trendy. A grosgrain ribbon makes up the waistband, while delicate buttons and slant pockets grace the front.
5. Tory Burch Shearer Shorts: Pop colors make for playful adventures. Tory Burch does her orange shorts up in straight lines with on-seam front pockets and flat back welt pockets. Tuck in a button-up and throw on some espadrilles for a pulled together playtime look.
6. Club Monaco Diaz Lace Shorts: Lovely in lace. Want a romantic storyline? The Diaz Lace Shorts are perfect for date night or a special occasion. A fitted short is given graceful lines with the addition of a lace overlay and scalloped hem. Pair with peep toe pumps or Mary Jane’s.