Fresh, feminine…and yes, oh so foxy. Tie waist shorts are being spotted all over town. Set aside the cutoffs and distressed denim, and opt for something gorgeously girly with a twist for sunny summer days. In the spirit of diversifying my summer wardrobes (and giving my cutoffs a breather), I found these amazing Splendid pair that have utilitarian look in a supple, lightweight fabric, these shorts are an easy, versatile pick when temps climb.
These shorts were the first pair of tie-waist shorts I purchased. They still remain one of my favorite pairs of shorts. These are easier to pull off; I’ve worn them with graphic tees, regular tees, tank tops, blouses and more. Since they’re a neutral, they’re very easy to dress up or down.
Want To Fake A Slimmer Waist? A fun tie around the waist on a casual pair of shorts makes all the difference. This trend is flattering, makes your waist look slim, but the best part? It isn’t uncomfortable at all! Check out how I styled THIS striped pair.
- “High Waisted” is relative. To rock this trend, you don’t need to go out and find a pair of shorts that reaches above your belly button. If you have a shorter torso (or a larger bust), go for styles that are cut comfortably over your hip bones, but not all the way up to the smallest part of your waist. Because low-cut styles have been popular for so long, even a mid-rise cut will give you the look of the trend!
- Tuck in your shirt. This is a no-brainer, but show off your trendsetting ways but tucking in your top and emphasizing your new tie waist shorts.
- Show some leg. To balance out the length of high waisted shorts, I love the look of Nicole This will elongated your legs and keep you from looking stumpy, if you’re worried about that sort of thing.
- Embrace the more mature look. Another way to wear the high waisted shorts trend is to go for a dressier look, like Blake Lively and our street style fashionista did, above. Pair your shorts with heels to feel extra elegant.
- Consider the top. A tank or simple t-shirt will look chic with high waisted shorts, but pair them with a button-down dress shirt for a Katherine Hepburn aesthetic.
- Wear them with a cropped top! If you’re a little tummy-shy like me, high waisted shorts are perfect for pairing with cropped tops! The only skin people will see is the part between your belly button and ribcage — the tiniest place on most girls’ torsos.
From fun ruffles hems, go-to neutral green to flirty stripes and fun patterns, click through to shop my picks for the best tie waist shorts this season has to offer: