Back To School “Glee” Style
What better way to kick off the ’12-’13 school year than with our fave television school? Although Rachel Berry isn’t headed back to William McKinley High School, she is bound for college. She packs up her signature show choir style, that big voice, and heads off to NYC to begin her first year at NYADA. While school doesn’t officially start until the September 13th premiere, we’re snagging Lea Michele’s…we mean Rachel’s…darling preppy looks for our very own. Work in a patent leather Mary Jane (colorblocked makes this style cutting edge for college), a navy cardi, and sixties-inspired mini skirts for a look that’s sure to bring joy, better yet “glee,” to your look. Add heart-embellishments, a bit of sequin shine, and a colorful headband or two to polish up your schoolgirl style!
1. ban.do iphone case: Can’t get enough of Rachel Berry’s geek-meets-chic style on Glee? Nab the preppy look with this ban.do heart iphone case. If you are a bit of a geek at heart it’s guaranteed to get you noticed!
2. Marc by Marc Jacobs Normandy Blue Cashmere Cardigan: The foundation piece for any preppy style. The cardigan is the original prep girl’s go-to, and in timeless navy you can do no wrong. Layer with classics like pearls and pencil skirts or take Lea’s approach and throw on over a short, printed romper. A rounded crewneck collar, front pockets and luxe cashmere make this fit for a schoolgirl, but an asymmetrical hem and subtle back stripe detail make it 2012.
3. Marc by Marc Jacobs Finch Flight Romper: Ready to romp. Rachel goes from school girl to college girl this season, so she might want to transition this romper from flats and a cardigan to heels and a jacket. The first look goes for daytime jaunts around campus, while the second look is for going out with the girlfriends. Creamy white background with vintage-y bird print.
4. ban.do Happy Pack: No Glee look is complete without Rachel Berry’s trademark headbands. I love this 4 pack of perfect (headache free) silk satin headbands. keep them all for yourself or share them with your bestie.
5. ban.do heart shoe clips: Lea Michele and her Glee character Rachel Berry is known for a having a very cutesy, girlish sense of style—and is often teased for it in the show. I think she would definitely love these sweet sequin heart shoe clips.
6. ban.do girlie chiffon bow: My take on prep school chic is a bit quirky, with lots of plaid, bright colors, and patterns. How do you resist a bow with gold polka dots? or even one with metallic pin stripes? these are questions we cannot answer. it’s just too perfect. in your hair or on your coat, such a sweet way to add a little glam to any outfit.
7. Anthropologie Scalloped Strings Tank: A swingy shape makes this tank the perfect match for a structured pair of shorts. Later, pair this with skinnies and a navy blazer. This tank is entirely vintage-inspired with the aforementioned swing cut and an embellished neckline. Ideal for spur-of-the-moment performances!
8. Marc by Marc Jacobs Graphic Platform Pump: Navy and white with a pop of kelly green. Three notoriously preppy colors come together in perfect form. Colorblocking continues to be a big trend, as does patent leather and the Mary Jane style. Pair with office looks or knee socks depending on your devotion to Gleek Chic.
9. Marc by Marc Jacobs Dita Sweater: Sweet and a little sassy, this cream and navy knit is right up Rachel’s alley. We envision it paired with a coordinating mini and penny loafer. You might want to follow suit with pencil skirt by day and a skinny jean by weekend. Bib front knit with contrasting hems.