Baby, it’s cold outside! Stay cozy and cuddle in with my top six winter essentials. Starting with sweaters, you need two: a cozy colorblock turtleneck and a preppy striped cashmere thermal top. To keep things fabulous, layer on a fur hoodie or vest. It’s perfect for the ski lodge, as well as uptown errands. Traveling down to footwear, a sophisticated high-gloss rubber boot keeps things toasty and stylish (simply add your favorite sweater and skinnies). Top things off with a must-have biker tailcoat accent and an oversized, novelty hobo bag.
1. Madewell Faux Fur Vest: Supersoft and in a cool shade of slate grey, this faux–fur vest adds not only warmth but a little bohemian cool—don’t you think? Vests are perfect for transitioning between the seasons, so invest in this Madewell Faux Fur Vest style to take you from fall through to spring. Wear it now over a dress and bare legs, adding tights and a long-sleeved top when the weather cools.
2. Marc by Marc Jacobs Merit Novelty Hobo: Work the season’s love of texture into your accessories wardrobe with the Marc by Marc Jacobs Merit Novelty Hobo. A shearling front panel brings a surprising touch of softness and this tactile design is a fashion-forward fall choice. Make yours the focal point of a cozy cool-weather look, teaming it with a striped sweater and leather leggings.
3. Inhabit Striped Cashmere Thermal Top: Inhabit’s stripe cashmere thermal top give fashion’s favorite stripes a modern makeover with this cozy sweater. This soft piece is sure to put a stylish spin on your knitwear collection. Wear yours with turned-up jeans and this season’s high-top sneakers.
4. Helmut Lang Colorblock Turtleneck Sweater: I loved this sweater ever since I spotted it on Jennifer Lopez. Two-tone panels in mixed stitches give a Helmut Lang sweater an edgy attitude! I love the signature hi-lo hem and geometric color blocking on a silk sweater is effortless cool for the transitional season.
5. Hunter Boots Cathie Boots with Fur Trim: Hunter’s Cathie duck boot is sure to keep you warm and dry with the faux fur lining and are a classic design that every fashionista should own. The lace up detail and fur trim gives the boot a trendy edge that gives it a unique twist to a traditional duck boot. Wear them to brave the elements in timelessly chic style, tucking your best-loved skinny jeans in for a sleek city finish.
6. Rag & Bone Biker Tailcoat with Vest: A masterful mix of London polish and New York cool, rag & bone’s outerwear is classic with a directional twist. With its refined silhouette, bold pattern and dose of tactile edge, this runway style is the ultimate coverup for effortless chic on busy days.