As spring blooms, I’m already looking ahead to the next season: wedding season. To be the well-dressed wedding guest you need to be, my rule of thumb is that your attire needs to match the occasion. Celebrity Style Guide has come to the rescue. Here is a list of wedding picks coordinates with the three big wedding themes of the season.
If the sultry lights of the city are the backdrop for your next wedding event, Shopbop suggests bright lights and bold looks. Black on white is always a winner, as is eye-catching pop colors and bold colorblocks. Another way to strike the right pose is with a standout silhouette like a structured bodice, free-thinking layers or a full circle skirt.
1. BB Dakota Gable Linen Colorblock Dress: Strike a balance with black and white, structured and swingy. This BB Dakota is a dress that works for a loft reception with heels, then a walk through Central Park in flats. Definitely a dress you can wear again.
2. Three Floor Sheer Tease Dress: Go bold or go home. Orange panels are pieced together with sheer mesh inserts. I love how the sophisticated lines of this dress are broken up with sexy mesh and edgy exposed zippers. Just add a nude sandal to continue the teasing nature of this dress.
3. Faith Connexion Draped One Shoulder Dress: There’s a place in every city wedding for the artsy free thinker. The bold, city-ready feature of this dress is the gorgeous draped panels and contrasting black netting.
So many brides are going for the rustic romance of outdoor weddings, whether it be a grassy meadow or twinkle light filled barn. Shopbop suggests you continue the charming elegance of such affairs with printed dresses and blushing hues.
1. Alice + Olivia Sleeveless Flare Dress: Charming black embroidery forms the paisley print of this airy linen dress. Don’t be fooled by its high collar either; the modest front hides a wide open back with scalloped edges. Flirty and fun, this dress is sure to be a favorite for outdoor events.
2. Talulah Moon Stars Dress: The stars align and romance is born. Outdoor weddings are the prefect place to enjoy a high-low hem. The pink floral print blushes against a garden wedding backdrop.
3. Love Sam Embroidered Stripe Gauze Maxi Dress: I love a maxi length dress for an outdoor wedding. The breeze plays with the long hemline without any of the worries of a short hemline. The nude colored skirt and subtle stripes are a demure and elegant choice for outside nuptials.
Escape to an island wedding with three of Shopbop’s suggestions: easy, breezy, tropical brights. These three dresses are the marriage of all three suggestions with their easy silhouettes, breezy skirts, and tropical punch colors. Go ahead, be comfortable and have fun at Island I-Do’s.
1. Halston Heritage Flared Skirt Ponte Dress: It’s the punchy color of this Halston Heritage that makes it perfect in an island setting. Pair with a sky high sandal and one statement jewelry piece for seaside weddings.
2. Parker Lily Dress: Wear again wonder. Whether it’s beachside nuptials or a summer BBQ, you can style this versatile number for both occasions. For a wedding, dress up the simple shape with slim, sexy sandals.
3. Elizabeth and James Olyvia Dress: Sultry straps, an easy silhouette, a breezy skirt, and a stunning ocean-blue color. This dress was made for island weddings. My favorite part of this easy-wearing dress is the sexy crisscrossing back straps.