Happy November! This month I’m giving thanks for great style, celebrities that pave the way, and designers that are always reinventing the world of fashion. I’m kicking off this month with one of my favorite style stars, Rachel Bilson. The Hart of Dixie star rocks her looks on screen (styled by Meredith Markworth Pollack) and off. This weekend look is great for the morning after, whether that be the morning after a Halloween bash, a Saturday night at the club, or just a reaaaallly long workweek. Rachel takes five fall must-haves and styles them flawlessly for a relaxed look worthy of Sunday brunch, Saturday morning errands or coffee with your gal pals. Pair a army green trench with rolled denim and a Western-inspired bootie. To finish Bilson’s look, add a colorful scarf (go for the neon + neutral trend) and a swing-y, fringe-y shoulder bag.
1. Rag & Bone Harrow Ankle Boot: The Western-inspired bootie is the cornerstone of a weekend wardrobe. Effortlessly chic, these classics are as iconic as American denim. Wear them at the end of a leg clad in skinny blue denim: roll the ankles to show a little skin or pair them with chunky knit socks when the temps are brisk. Look for strap detailing, an rugged suede finish, and a stacked heel when stealing this look.
2. Vince Camuto Double-Breasted Trench Coat: Wear with all. A hybrid of the military jacket and the trench, this coat is the best of both worlds. An army green color and extra zipper hardware capitalize on the military trend while the double-breasted cut captures classic trench styling. Wear for work or play!
3. Pistil Daphne Scarf: Rachel Bilson’s neutrals get a kick of color with a beautiful pink scarf. This coral-verging-on-neon piece plays up late autumn’s love affair with the neon + neutrals trend. For more of this color combination, check out Gap’s line-up here! A neon scarf or tee is a great way to ease into this look.
4. Paige Premium Denim Skyline Ankle Peg in Beachwood: Worn by Kate Middleton, Rachel Bilson, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and more! Paige jeans are an IT item. From their flawless fit to their trendy-starting hues, these jeans are the epitome of go-to. Roll the bottom of your Paige Denim for Rachel Bilson flair.
5. Poppie Jones Fringe Mini Bag: Fringe-y, swing-y and oh-so-fun! Poppie Jones styled their mini bag with plenty of personality. Bohemian meets the street when you pair a bag like this with an edgy military trench like Bilson’s. Wear crossbody or over the shoulder, depending on mood and occasion. Looking ahead to holiday, a fun bag like this one makes a great gift!