That smile. Those flares. That hair. Today I’d like to look back and pay tribute to a style icon: Farrah Fawcett. Some of the best styles of today come from the fashionistas of the past. From that signature red swimsuit to her role as the “sporty” Charlie’s Angel to that enviable head full of blonde hair, Farrah captured the role as America’s sweetheart in the 1970’s. Everyone wanted that red suit, every girl longed for that feathered hair. Her style legacy also includes the flared jean, American denim that’s earned the status of “classic.” Her style had a sporty vibe on Charlie’s Angels, something that a red hoodie and throwback pair of sneakers captures perfectly. And to cap off seventies style, a feminine blouse and a pair of killer wedges are forever Farrah. Own her iconic style with these fresh pieces:
1. Lisa Marie Fernandez The Jasmine Maillot: Every guy had this poster on his wall, and every girl was scrambling for a racy red swimsuit. This neoprene one piece has a sexy shape with a sporty vibe. A deep scoop in both the front and back is accented by exposed zippers and seaming. Bring it to the pool for its head-turning style.
2. Nike Lady Cortez Trainers: Grab your skateboard and grab your sneaks. These throwback trainers have the same vibe as Charlie’s sporty, spicy angel. Pair back to flares and a hoodie for an exact replica of Farrah’s outfit or just mix these in for a subtle nod to Fawcett. Perfect for running errands or lounging, kick off your heels and give your footsies a break.
3. Vans Classic Fleece Zip Hoodie: Farrah rocked her hoodie with flares, and you can rock it with anything you like. Post-workout or on the run, this fleece hoodie has a vintage vibe with its super soft fabrication and cozy hoodie cut. A slim cut makes it girly, while a contrasting white zipper, logo, and hoodie string set off the racy red color.
4. AG Adriano Goldschmied The Farrah Flare: Aptly named, this AG Flare rocks the seventies look with its belled leg, higher rise, and dark denim wash. Tuck in your favorite floaty blouse and pair back to sky high wedges for Farrah’s girl-next-door look. There’s nothing that says the 70’s like a pair of denim flares!
5. Splendid Kane Wedge Sandals: Wedges and flares. They just go together. These two-toned wedges have a classic cognac finish that’s accented by a coral-pink inset wedge. A nod to the colorblocked craze, these work well into the next season with their warm tones. Ideal with a maxi skirt or your favorite skinnies, too.
6. Winter Kate Anjali Blouse: Nicole Richie knows all about style icons, and her love affair with vintage fabrics proves the point. The Anjali Blouse is so Farrah with its pastel hue, neckline embroidery, and romantic floaty cut. Wear with cutoffs now, tuck into flares later. This blouse is a go-to from season to season.