No matter how divided our country was yesterday, we Americans can stand united on many fronts: on the privileges we have in this great country, on the freedoms we fight for together, and on the independent spirit that has been a part of our country since its inception. As individuals we have the freedom to express ourselves, and one expression has always been our American style. Miranda Kerr celebrates her poetic license with this work-meets-the-street look. A hybrid of leather and tweed, a juxtaposition of knee high boots and conservative trench, this look blends stunning pieces together in an overhaul of the classics. Celebrate your own freedom of expression by mixing something unexpected into your look today, whether that be a little leather, a higher hemline or a mod pair of sunglasses.
1. Ray-Ban Wayfarer Sunglasses: Iconic shades. Ray-Ban’s have the almost magical ability to transform anyone’s look into something both mod and retro at the same time. Cool cat to the max, these shades earn their keep with their versatility of wear: from summer to winter, office to play, beach to post-boardroom. Spotted on the celebs and musicians, politicians and artists, the Ray-Bans are a cornerstone of American style…seen on the Kardashians, Rachel Bilson, John Mayer, Taylor Swift, Reese Witherspoon, Robert Pattinson, even John F. Kennedy.
2. Club Monaco Samantha Coat: Playing with hem lengths, I love how Miranda Kerr chose a longer coat over a shorter hemline. It gives the basic sheath + overcoat standby a playful, free-thinking feel, as does wearing the buttons undone. This studious Club Monaco coat has all the makings of a classic with its double breasted cut, Italian wool fabrication, and mid-thigh length.
3. Alexander Wang Rubber Tweed Dress: Tweed and rubber…who knew? This unexpected combination is fabulously fresh. Alexander Wang fuses studious gray tweed with rubber and then adds figure-flaunting black wool panels. Style with tights and pumps for work, then add party heels and metallic jewelry for play.
4. Vince Julianne Over-the-Knee Boot: Who’s that lady? Turn heads with these sleek over-the-knee boots. Supple leather make these extra-long boots easy to wear, while smooth seams and a conservative heel ensure a sleek silhouette. Pair them with a mini sheath like Miranda does, or style over skinnies or cords for off-duty wear.
5. Givenchy Antigona Duffle: Luxury in hand. This Givenchy duffle is the epitome of luxury with its sleek lines, golden hardware, subtle whip-stitching, and smooth leather composition. Perfect for stowing work essentials, it also doubles as a tote for travel. This stunning handbag turns any sidewalk into a catwalk.