My shoe fetish this season is definitely the embellished flat. The possibilities are endless in the world of flats, but I’ll give you a rundown of my favorite fall trends. The cap toe has taken the streets by storm. Whether it’s a sleek metallic toe cap on a pointy toe or a fun colorblocked cap on a ballet flat, contrasting toe caps are the latest thing in the flats frontier. Another huge trend is stud detailing. Metal cone studs, domes, and even metallic beads take a basic shoe and make it cutting edge. And our last big trend is color, more specifically, print. From Aztec prints to classic leopard spots, colors come together in prints that are surprisingly versatile. Pair them back to a skinny and cardigan for a cozy fall look. Pick your favorite trend (or combo all three) and indulge your shoe fetish with a festive flat!
1. Old Navy Cap Toe Ballet Flats: Colorblocked combo. A navy patent toe caps off a kelly green flat. Trimmed up in gold, this colorful flat is the ideal choice for a preppy girl. Paired with a striped cardigan, crisp oxford, and pencil skirt, this look goes school girl to working girl.
2. Elizabeth and James Gwen Leather Flats: The easiest way to ease into the cap toe trend, this two-toned flat is versatile style at its best. Pairing back to black or brown, this shoe combines both neutrals for a trendy twist on a classic flat. A gold chain detail tops off a warm cognac body and basic black cap.
3. Dolce Vita Lunna Slip On: Personal favorite. Combining bold color with a cool metallic cap, these flats have the season’s freshest take on the flat: a smoking shoe shape. Wear these chic shoes for uptown adventures…just make sure to wear them with crops to let them get the attention they deserve.
4. Jeffrey Campbell Martini Studded Loafers: The loafer redefined. All over silver studding in domes and cones take the basic black shoe to a whole new level. This edgy shoe looks and feels like a motorcycle jacket for your feet! Pair back to all black ensembles or shake up a simple jeans and tee look.
5. Steve Madden Kimmmie: Best of all worlds. Capitalizing on all three of our favorite trends, the Steve Madden Kimmmie flats deserve that extra “m” in their name. Contrasting cap toe? Check. Metal studding? Check, check. Colorful Aztec print? Check. Check Check. Conquer the fashion world in these uber hip flats.
6. House of Harlow Millie Moccasin: There’s nothing like a cozy moccasin on a crisp fall day. Nicole Richie does this closet staple justice with her House of Harlow line. The “studding” on this shoe comes from intricate metallic beading on the vamp. A cozy finish to a chunky knit.
7. Charles Philip Shanghai Sheila: Seeing spots. Glamor doesn’t have to be killer on your tootsies. These fab smoking loafers are done up in leopard spots. Perfect back to black, tan, denim or pops of color like red or plum. A comfortable ending to your ensemble!
8. Belle by Sigerson Morrison Aztec Print Flats: A modern pointy toe contrasts beautifully with a boho Aztec print. Their warm collision of fall colors has us begging for falling leaves and a crisp autumn morning. Wrap up any weekend outing in these flats.