One part sports movie, one part family drama, and one part romance, Trouble with the Curve has a little bit of everything (making it my choice for the perfect date movie this weekend). Clint Eastwood, Amy Adams, and Justin Timberlake are all up to bat in this tale of an aging baseball scout (Eastwood) and his daughter (Adams). When they hit the road together on a scouting trip, they bump into a rival scout (Timberlake), and thus the romantic plotline is introduced. Mickey (Adams) may be a high-powered attorney, but she sheds her power suit for most of the movie for the scouting trip. This collection of outfits is just in time for fall…and the weekend…as it includes comfy boyfriend jeans, slouchy sweaters, a much-loved plaid button-up, and a carry-everywhere tote. Two coats, a crisp blazer and a supple leather moto jacket, balance out slouchy silhouettes with the perfect amount of tailoring.
1. Croft and Barrow Plaid Flannel Shirt: Comfy, cozy, and all-together classic, the plaid shirt has found its way into just about every decade of style since its creation. There’s no better shirt for apple picking, autumn errands and weekend lounging! This budget-friendly piece from Kohl’s is as soft on your pocketbook as it is on your skin. (More cozy fall essentials here…)
2. Lebor Gabala Long Sleeve Sweater: Just peachy. A slouchy v-neck sweater is the perfect thing to slip on over your skinnies or layer over a rolled pair of boyfriends a la Amy Adams. A cute pair of flats finishes this ensemble that pairs girly (the peachy-pink color and ultra soft hand) with masculine (slouchy denim). A lightweight composition makes it a fresh layer under leather or denim.
3. AG Adriano Goldschmied Alexa Slim Bootcut Jean: Amy Adams embraces her inner tomboy in Trouble with the Curve…and in these jeans. Pair them with a sweater like the one above to balance out the relaxed, boyish fit with a feminine flair. Straight slouch fit with the AG’s perfect “10-year fade” finish; you’ll swear these jeans have been your favorite for years!
4. Alice + Olivia Elise Blazer: Mickey is a high powered attorney, so she’s no stranger to the blazer. However, instead of donning it over a pencil skirt and pumps, she layers it over skinnies, boots, and a gauzy button-up. Embrace the versatility of your own work wardrobe by mixing your blazers with skinnies, over slouchy knits, or even a distressed boyfriend jean. The perfect tailoring of Alice + Olivia’s Elise Blazer pulls together any weekend look with ease.
5. Longchamp Le Pliage Shoulder Tote: Carry-all. Work to weekend, or in this movie, office to baseball field, this Longchamp tote handles any curve ball you throw at it. Easy to clean and easy to pack, the body of this bag is composed of black nylon, while its leather handles and center flap polish up this carry-all. Great for travel or toting around the movie set!
6. Marc New York Karma Front Zip Leather Jacket: Afterhours approved. This brown leather jacket is a great choice for date night, layered over a slim straight leg jean and heel like Amy Adams wore it. It’s also great for daytime since a structured leather coat wears like a blazer over most anything. Straight fitted style with a center zip and tabbed collar closure.