This morning I’m pulling inspiration from one of my favorite Sunday night shows to get me through the humdrums of Monday. Revenge is the story of Emily Thorne (played by the beautiful Emily VanCamp), a daughter who is seeking revenge for her family in the very swanky Hamptons. The result is a show full of delightful deceptions and drama. Today’s post also includes the style of Ashley Davenport (Ashley Medekwe) and Charlotte Grayson (Christa B. Allen). Ashley seeks fame and fortune, while Charlotte is looking for love and freedom. Along the way their style is nothing short of fabulous. Together these three leading ladies take on the Hamptons in Marc Jacobs and Jason Wu: luxe classics mixed up with youthful trend. Try these looks for office or cocktails…or for seeking a little revenge of your own (more Revenge style here)…
1. Max Studio Maxi Dress: Emily Thorne donned a dark maxi dress for her latest adventure. The plunging neckline is certainly grown-up, but the long length and gathered details are youthful. Mix this dress into your late summer wardrobe (if you’re in a warm climate) or dress it up for an autumn cocktail party. A deep plum color makes this summer staple an autumn option.
2. Marc Jacobs Skylark Blouse: Prim and pretty, a creamy white shell is a must-have for work. Layer it under a blazer when the temps dip and tuck it into your pencil skirts right now. Delicate neckline pleating adds visual interest to this closet staple.
3. BCBGMAXAZRIA Willa Lace Cocktail Dress: Charlotte Grayson may play the daughter of the ambitious mother, but her own style is sweet. This party dress capitalizes on the blush color trend, as well as the lace trend. A fitted bodice with a v-neckline and back is finished with a full, layered skirt. This dress is feminine in every way.
4. Rachel Roy Large Triangle Hoops: Ashley mixed up her sweet cocktail dress with modern metal accents, like these triangle hoops. Concentric triangles add a dose of geometric trend to any look, from day to night or work to play. Wear them any way you wear your go-to hoops.
5. Azzedine Alaia Lurex Pleated Dress: Texture is the name of the trend, and in this piece, texture gets mixed up with a vintage silhouette. A tidy short-sleeved bodice is finished with a fun full skirt, a visual delight in contrasting stripes formed by varying textures. Pair this dress with stilettos and mod jewelry to balance the sweetness factor.
6. Joie Reena Top: This white tank layers over any look, whether it’s worn under a blazer and trouser for work or layered over swimwear come resortwear season. Dainty cutouts add the wow factor to this peek-a-boo piece.
7. Jason Wu Twill Pencil Skirt: My favorite in this collection, this Jason Wu piece is workwear redefined. Not your basic black or camel pencil skirt, the vibrant emerald green color is set off by black trim. A no-brainer to wear, pair this stunning skirt with black heels and a tailored black top. Beautiful for work and wears well for holiday, too!