Swoon-worthy style. Demi Moore has my vote for on-the-go style! Her outfit nails a trend that I’ve been tracking for the last couple weeks: houndstooth and denim. The classic menswear-print is everywhere, in coats and blazers especially. When mixed with a denim shirt or a perfectly worn-in skinny jean, houndstooth looks pulled together and effortless at the same time. I adore the way that Demi toughens up the trend with the addition of leather leggings and heels. If leather leggings aren’t your speed, I think a pop color bag or studded jewelry give the same edgy effect. Get her look and this late winter trend for your very own with these pieces:
1. Merona Classic Long Wool Houndstooth: Minor investment, major style. Target’s long wool houndstooth coat is a pocket-friendly way to ditch your black winter coat for something fresh. I love the black and white against denim or this year’s host of pop colors and prints!
2. Current/Elliott Perfect Basic Denim Shirt: If you don’t have one, invest in one you love. The denim shirt is a piece I simply can’t live without. Layer it with houndstooth and leather (like Demi), tuck it into a colorful pencil skirt or layer it with dark skinnies for three ways to wear the denim shirt trend.
3. Marc by Marc Jacobs Classic Q Lil Ukita Bag: A dash of pretty pink…pastels are an IT pop color this season. Getting us ready for the fresh colors of spring, this winter-ready bag brings color to dreary days and any neutrals in your closet.
4. Current/Elliott The Skinny Jeans: Break up a traditional houndstooth blazer with perfectly worn-in skinny jeans. The mix of denim and preppy plaid is a deliciously fresh combination for late winter errands.
5. Alexander Wang Dasha Booties: Get to the point with these booties. Their open backs are the perfect way to ease into spring’s slingbacks. The perfect way to wear them is with black skinny jeans or leather leggings.
6. Iosselliani Fused Stone Stacking Ring Set: Entertain the rocker chick within with this stack of sparkles and studs. I like how the edgy nature of this ring strikes a contrast with the preppy look of houndstooth or herringbone.