It is no secret that one of my favorite designers is Tucker! Her line features a breezy array of silk blouses and dresses in painterly floral prints. A former stylist, Basora started her label with a simple, loose-fitting blouse in a standout print in 2006. After a chance encounter, she received an interview with Barney’s and the rest is history.
Since the first blouse, her line was beloved by Jessica Biel, Liv Tyler, Cameron Diaz, Jessica Simpson, Jennifer Aniston, Minka Kelly and Lauren Conrad who all fell hard for Tucker. These high-profile stars have embraced her easy-breeze aesthetic, one that effortlessly combines function and form.
“The thing about my pieces is that they are easy to mix up,” said Basora. “A lot of my customers wear certain items with the edgier designers—in fact, in our London showroom, we are shown alongside guys like Marios Schwab and Peter Pilotto, so totally different from what people think our aesthetic is.”
Basora draws inspiration from everyday experiences to create her whimsical prints. Bold colors and classic shapes are her finishing touches. The beautiful result is a collection that works for any age, and a multitude of occasions. I have picked my favorite pieces from the Summer 2012 collection all of which I own and will be keeping in heavy rotation.
1. Tucker My Own Lovestory Blouse: Worn by Minka Kelly, this stunning orange silk blouse looks as appropriate with jeans and wedges as it does with a pencil skirt and pumps. A ring collar, plenty of pleats, and dainty three quarters sleeves give a feminine flair to this striking color.
2. Tucker Pastel Print Trouser: Retro whimsey. This pastel print has a decidedly vintage vibe, and a wide leg and high waist deepens that throwback vibe. Pair with a tank and wedges for a glamorous beach or poolside look.
3. Tucker Oh the Gaule Dress: Pair with jeans by day, leggings by night, and just sandals for cocktails. This charming shirt dress won us over with its coral and blue floral print and sweet pleats. Three-quarter sleeves and a self belt waist completes this pretty picture.
4. Tucker Firefly Dress: Flit through your day (or night) in this cheery yellow print. Leaves and berries are set on a sunny yellow background and set off by a ruched neckline, belted waist, and knee-grazing hemline. Pair with jaunty flats or your favorite summer sandals.
5. Tucker Sleeveless Dress: A geometric print in a sleek silhouette makes for a dress that you can wear from the office to drinks with ease. This all-occasion dress features a belted natural waistline and a v-neck. Style with pumps for work, sandals all summer, flats on weekend outings and even layered up with boots for fall.