Fresh, feminine…and yes, oh so foxy. Ladylike shorts are in bloom all over town. Set aside the cutoffs and distressed denim, and opt for something gorgeously girly for sunny summer days. I adore the rainbow of sun-drenched colors and pretty prints that are cropping up everywhere this season! Paired with design details like pleats, slim structure or high waists, these tailored or delicate shorts can be worn morning to night with a swap of wedges for strappy sandals. Get Cameron Diaz’s summer style by mixing your color-filled shorts with a printed, dotted or striped top…oversized shades and a tousled pony tail help, too! Happy weekend all!
1. Joie Layana Silk Shorts: Inspired by the sea, these shorts go from reading poolside to sipping cocktails in a snap. Swap your bikini and wedges for strappy sandals and a slim knit for a smooth transition.
2. LC Lauren Conrad Lace Shorts: Nothing says ladylike as well as lace. If you haven’t snapped up a pair of lace shorts, do so now! They work for date night with a tucked in top, same colored or printed. Wear a slim blazer over for daytime affairs and lunches.
3. Tibi Velocity High-waisted Short: High-waisted wonder! Feature a slim waist and your curves in vintage-feeling high-waisted shorts. A pretty print adds to the feminine appeal. Pair with an easy-breezy silk cami, but be sure to tuck it in to show off that high-waisted cut.
4. Sea Striped Pleat Shorts: The bold and the beautiful. These high-waisted shorts are both! Graphic black stripes and highly structured style make them the perfect candidate for other basic black pieces like a black tank, peeptoe pump, and structured black jacket. Then use gold jewelry to give these shorts some shine.
5. Rag & bone JEAN Mila Printed Stretch Denim Shorts: I’m swooning over any mini print this season, including these teeny-tiny motorcycles. Pair these “biker shorts” with a sun-soaked yellow top to get Cameron Diaz’s cute mix of color and print.
6. Theory Poe Shorts: There’s simply nothing more fresh than crisp white shorts for summer. They highlight those tanned legs and they look brilliant with almost anything…from brightly colored tanks to breezy blush-colored tops.
7. Rebecca Taylor Hibiscus Pleat Shorts: Aloha! Get in a Hawaii state of mind with these coral and hibiscus pleated shorts. Pair back to white, navy or more color and your favorite pair of espadrille wedges for steamy afternoons or early evening breezes. (More beach beauty here!)