I stocked up on two pairs last week…and I’m lusting after even more. It’s time to buy cutoff shorts, and I couldn’t be happier. I’m sure you Northerners can agree, there’s nothing like stocking up on summer shorts to chase the last of the winter blues away. Trending this year are cutoffs in every color, from classic blue to cayenne red to dusty coral. Also big are patterns, whether that be a splashy floral or just subtle stars, a la Alessandra Ambrosio. And whether they are low-rise or high, slouchy boyfriend or mini Daisy Dukes, the cutoff short is back for the summer!
1. Big Star Low Rise Cuffed Denim Shorts: Not technically a cutoff, but just as classic. The rolled denim short gives a more finished look to your summertime wear. I especially love them styled with a knit for that spring to summer transition…then with a boot come summer to fall. They are super soft and feel great on, the perfect denim shorts in my opinion. The 5″ inseam is the ideal look for those of us who don’t want to rock the Daisy Duke trend!
2. Big Star Remy Shorts: Alessandra Ambrosio styled her Big Star short with a slouchy neon sweater, simple flats, and long beaded necklace…how will you wear yours? I adore the subtle white on denim print of these star spangled shorts.Â I just recently discovered the Big Star brand and absolutely love it. I could sleep in these jeans they are so soft and comfortable. Added perk? The shorts really flatter the legs!
3. J Brand Jeans Neon Coral Cut-Off Jean Shorts: Say it with neon. I’m all about neon coral, electric blue, fluorescent yellow, and optic orange. Nothing says hot summer nights like the neon lights.
4. Rag & Bone JEAN Mila Distressed Denim Shorts: All-American girl? These shorts are for you. Classic leg-flaunting cut with a mini Daisy Duke inseam makes this short as USA as the 4th of July. A staple for any girl’s closet.
5.Â Current/Elliott The High Waist Distressed Denim Shorts: Say hello to the high waist. Tuck in a trim button up or flaunt it with a crop top, the high-waisted short is showing up on fashionistas everywhere.
6.Â Joe’s Jeans Easy Cutoff Shorts: Salsa red makes these shorts hot! hot! hot! Pair with turquoise jewelry for a boho beach vibe. Pick a short in a bold hue for your summer statement!
7. Paige Denim Jimmy Jimmy Shorts: A longer inseam gives this shorts a borrowed-from-the-boys vibe. Wearable at all ages, they have a style meets sensibility quality. Pair with your favorite wedges and layered crochet.
8. Siwy Camilla Cutoff Shorts: Almost a cult classic, the Siwy Camilla Cutoff has an impressive following. Rocked by fashionistas like Nicole Richie, Alessandra Ambrosio, Miley Cyrus, and Megan Fox, this cutoff is available in a host of different washes.