One of my favorite weeks of the year is here! If you’re in Austin, you can’t help but be celebrating SWSW 2013. A festival not to be missed, it’s a hybrid of all the things I love about my hometown: music, film, interactive technology, and (my favorite) fashion. Austin gets to showcase its perfect mix of free spirit, hardworking American, cutting edge hipster, and Southern style. The festival itself is full of creative fashionistas who never cease to spend the week inspiring me. Here is a list of my favorite SXSW-inspired pieces:
1. J.Crew Nolita Denim Jacket: Hardworking denim cut to perfection, a classic jean jacket is a must-have for Southwest style. Whether you’re channeling your inner cowgirl, boho queen or indie hipster, this is the jacket to bring to Austin.
2. Rag & Bone Harrow Boot: Kick off your heels, but pull on those boots, ladies! The nubuck bootie is a great wear-with-all during SXSW week. Pull it on with maxi skirts or crocheted dresses, and especially with cutoffs and floaty shirts.
3. Joseph Floaty Shirt: Nothing says carefree and cool like this season’s floaty shirts. Whether it’s easy breezy white or a pop color like turquoise, coral or emerald green, a floaty shirt is the perfect pairing to a pair of down home cutoffs.
4. Free People Embellished Cargo Shorts: The sun is hot here in Austin, so we get to shed our skinnies a little sooner than ya’ll up North. Even if it’s a bit chilly now, pick up an embellished cargo short for when concert season heats up around you.
5. Rebecca Minkoff Diamond Quilt Mini Affair: A bit of New York style deep in the heart of Texas, a quilted shoulder bag keeps the free spirit in check. I love the playful lilac color, and the mini size is easy to tote around all day long.
6. Marc by Marc Jacobs Round Sunglasses: Classic shades with ultra dark lenses. These round sunglasses will keep you cool while you’re squinting in the sun.
7. Kendra Scott Delilah Large Drop Earrings in Turquoise: The gemstone of the Southwest, turquoise is the trademark jewel of Texas girls. Flash a statement piece like a bold cuff or oversized drop earring….they go with anything!