My favorite kind of dress to buy is a date night dress. Fun and flirty, composed and demure, sexy and sophisticated…you get to let your colors shine when you choose this kind of dress. For date night, I almost always go short. From there, I go for my favorite color or a trendy print. This season my picks are anything lace and anything floral, with an emphasis on blues and corals (classic red and black are always winners, too, no matter what the season). And since we’ve all got Beyonce on the brain this week, I’m using her as my inspiration. Her structured blue dress paired with fun accessories and killer heels is my gold standard for a date night outfit!
1. Diane Von Furstenberg Zarita Floral Lace Dress: Two trends team up. Lace and floral prints continue to be IT items this season, so you get the best of both worlds in DVF’s Zarita Floral Lace Dress. I adore the eye-popping coral color…it’s sure to leave a lasting impression on a first date.
2. Herve Leger Swing Dress: Herve Leger takes its signature bandage dress and gives it a flirty spin. This LBD has the form-flaunting bandage bodice, but a fun swing skirt. Sculptural and sweet, my favorite detail is its cutout back.
3. Nicholas French Jacquard Dress: Tropical paradise. Whether or not a beach getaway is in your future, this Nicolas French dress will warm you right up. Heat up the night with its two-print composition and trendy peplem detail.
4. Milly Claudia Dress: Navy blue is my new black. Still dark enough to guarantee sophistication, this slightly lighter hue is more flattering to skin, especially winter skin. I love the way its scalloped lace gets edgy with raw-edged seams and an exposed zipper.
5. Shoshanna Chiara Strapless Dress: Lady in red. I can’t deny that classic red always does the trick on a date. Get “who’s that lady” style with this strapless number. Throw on and go with your favorite black heels and clutch.
6. Rebecca Taylor Silk and Sequin Dress: Sequins are more holiday than spring, but I still love them. This sequin print dress gets the look in a seasonally appropriate way. I love this dress’s contrast of full, flirty skirt and sporty racer back!
7. Alice + Olivia Corwin Rose Print Stretch Silk Dress: BE the flowers you want to receive. I’d wear this dress with flats and a black cardi by day, and then transition quickly to meet a date by trading the cardi for a black leather jacket and sexy black booties.
8. Michael Kors Stretch Wool-Crepe Dress: Sophistication and polish…with a pop. A demure option for a date, this structured dress is fun with a neon yellow accessory and fun heels. I’m in love with the idea of a classic shift done in a pop color for spring.